Reasons to Visit Gynecology Hospitals in Bangkok
Women's health is taken very seriously at every hospital. Over the past decade, hospitals have been exploring the most effective treatment methods for complex medical conditions connected to women. Focusing on minimally invasive techniques, they provide diagnosis and treatment for various health conditions starting from complex gynecological health issues, including breast health, uterine and bladder problems. Right from puberty to pregnancy, childbirth to menopause, women go through a load of conditions that take a toll on their health; such issues need to be taken care of from time to time. With the rise in women’s health condition, many Gynecology hospitals in Bangkok are focused to provide individualized care with the latest in medical breakthroughs.
Gynecology Hospitals in Bangkok are backed by a skilled team of doctors and surgeons and latest academic research to provide exceptional care from diagnostic, therapeutic, surgical and counseling facilities for women. The surgeons in gynecology Hospitals in Bangkok are specialized in treating a range of highly complex gynecologic conditions by utilizing state-of-the-art procedures and technologies. Services at these hospitals include reproductive medicine, obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, breast care program, gynecological cancer program, gynecological infectious diseases and more, to address all the problems suffered by women, right from adolescence to menstruation health, menopause and after.
Gynecology deals with diagnosis and treatment concerning the female reproductive organs such as the uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix, ovaries and vagina. The field of gynecology focuses on all other aspects of a woman’s reproductive health from the beginning of puberty through menopause and beyond. A specialized gynecologist may also treat problems in the bowel, bladder and urinary as they are closely related to female reproductive organs.
Women suffering from infections or any pain or discomfort in the uterus, genitals or breasts often visit a gynecologist. The doctors are also approached for the treatment of yeast and bacterial infections, irregular and painful menstruation, painful intercourse and other diseases related to menopause which may require surgery.
Most of the gynecologists in Gynecology Hospitals in Bangkok are also obstetricians, therefore, are able to diagnose and treat medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum period.
Reasons to visit Gynecology Hospitals in Bangkok
A general practitioner might be able to diagnose and treat some problems in the reproductive system but may not get to the root of the problem. Gynecology hospitals in Bangkok can evaluate entire health status of a woman by conducting a detailed discussion, tests and diagnosis along with providing the right treatment. Here are the reasons you should visit Gynecology Hospitals in Bangkok:
- Overall Physical Check-Up:Gynecology Hospitals in Bangkok strongly suggest women starting from the age of 15 years to visit a gynecologist The general physical examination includes acquiring standard vital signs, determining body mass index, palpating the abdomen and inguinal lymph nodes, and making an assessment of the patient’s overall health.
- Menstrual Irregularities:If a woman experiences menstrual irregularities such as missed periods or delay in periods or when a woman has recurrent periods which return in a span of 21 days or less, it is advised to visit a gynecology hospital. Women should also visit a gynecologist during inter-menstrual bleeding that is unnaturally heavy. Abnormalities in menstrual bleeding should be a major concern. Abnormal uterine bleeding whether in adolescent, reproductive years or after menopause can be an indication of serious conditions. The reasons behind such a bleeding can be a fibroid, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, pelvic infection, or even presence of polyps in the uterus.
- Problems Down Under:A woman is recommended to visit a gynecology hospital in case of frequent urination, burning sensation while urinating or if there are traces of blood in the urine. Abnormal vaginal discharge or itching in the vagina is also a symptom of vaginal infections. Women associated with these symptoms must immediately consult a gynecologist. The evidence might indicate the onset of a urinary tract infection. Approach your nearest gynecology hospital for a detailed diagnosis to get to treat the problem as soon as possible. Taking OTC drugs and adopting temporary measures can reduce the symptoms but worsen the condition in the future.
- Breast Exams:Breast exams are most commonly recommended for women over 40 years of age but women under 40 years are no exception. It is recommended to visit a Gynecology Hospital in cases of discomfort in breasts during periods. Lumps on breasts or discharge from breasts can be serious if a woman notices any of these symptoms; she is suggested to immediately rush to a gynecologist for diagnosis and treatments. If ignored, these symptoms can lead to major health issue later.
- Lower Abdominal Pains:Women who experience pelvic pain or discomfort are strongly recommended to visit Gynecology hospitals in Bangkok to conduct a diagnosis. Severe menstrual cramps and presence of a lump in the abdomen are likely to be symptoms of tumors, fibroids or even ovarian cysts. Sharp abdominal or pelvic pain during menstruation or after sexual intercourse is also unnatural, therefore it is recommended to consult a gynecologist. If you experience the above conditions, talk about the signs and symptoms with your gynecologist to get evaluated.
Services Provided at Gynecology Hospitals in Bangkok
Gynecology Hospitals in Bangkok are a hub for gynecologists who are specialized in different areas. They coordinate with each other to make sure that a patient receives the best care over the long term. Gynecologists work together to provide the best treatment related to pregnancy, childbirth, pelvic disorders, cancers of the reproductive tract, and infertility. They also lay down precautions to women and help in preventing common health disorders through education and regular checkups. Some of the common specialties of gynecology include obstetrician-gynecologist, urogynecologist, gynecologic oncologist and reproductive endocrinologist. Together they are able to perform the following tests and procedures:
- Amniocentesis:Amniocentesis is a prenatal test to diagnose certain birth defects and genetic conditions in a baby. A sample of amniotic fluid containing fetal cells and chemicals produced in the womb is obtained for testing.
- Bone Densitometry:It is an advanced form of x-ray technology to measure the mineral content and density of bones. Usually, a dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry or a special CT scan is conducted to detect osteopenia or osteoporosis in the bones.
- Breast Biopsy:It is a procedure to remove a small sample of breast tissue, which is examined for abnormal cells or the presence of cancer. Several methods are used in gynecology hospitals in Bangkok to perform breast biopsy procedures.
- Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI):Magnetic resonance imaging is used to create detailed images of the breasts using large magnets and an advanced computer.
- Breast Scan:A breast scan is an imaging test to generate pictures of the tissue inside the breasts. It is used when a mammogram screening does not provide enough information.
- Breast Ultrasound:Breast ultrasound is an imaging test which uses sound waves to get an inside look of breasts. It produces pictures of the internal structures of the breast which can help the gynecologists to detect problems and also see the amount of blood flowing to the breasts.
- Breast-Conserving Surgery:Breast-conserving surgery (BCS) also called lumpectomy or a partial mastectomy is a process in which a cancer lump or precancerous breast tissues are removed. It is done as part of a treatment plan for breast cancer.
- Cervical Biopsy:A cervical biopsy is a test to detect abnormal or precancerous conditions or cervical cancer. The procedure involves removing tissue samples from the cervix.
- Cesarean Section:Cesarean section or C-section is the surgical delivery of a baby through an incision made in the mother's abdomen and uterus.
- Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS):It is a form of prenatal test which involves taking a sample of tissue from the placenta. Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) is performed to test for chromosomal abnormalities and other genetic problems.
- Colposcopy:It is a procedure in which a tube with a magnifying lens is inserted inside the vagina to examine the cervix and vulva for signs of infections and diseases.
- Cystoscopy for Women:During Cystoscopy, gynecologist examines the insides of a woman’s bladder, urethra, and openings to the ureters using a special instrument. The procedure can also detect early signs of cancer, infection, narrowing, blockage, or bleeding.
- Dilation and Curettage (D and C):Dilation and curettage or D&C is surgical removal of part of the lining and abnormal tissues of the uterus.
- Endometrial Ablation:Endometrial ablation is a procedure to stop or reduce heavy menstrual bleeding. A gynecologist removes a thin layer of tissue called endometrium that lines the uterus.
- Endometrial Biopsy:An endometrial biopsy is a procedure of removing a small tissue sample from the lining of the uterus, called the endometrium.
- Episiotomy:It is a surgical incision performed in the perineum to enlarge the vaginal opening to help deliver a baby.
- Fetal Heart Monitoring:Fetal heart rate monitoring measures the heart rate and rhythm of a baby or fetus to determine the baby’s condition.
- Fetal Ultrasound:Fetal ultrasound is a test performed during pregnancy to create an image of the baby in the uterus.
- Hysterectomy:Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the uterus. A gynecologist specialized in hysterectomy may remove one or both ovaries, and the fallopian tubes.
- Hysteroscopy:Hysteroscopy allows a gynecologist to look inside the cervix and uterus using a thin, flexible tube called a hysteroscope. It allows for the diagnosis of intrauterine pathology.
- Laparoscopy:It is a surgical procedure to view a woman's reproductive organs. The procedure is performed using a thin lighted tube that has a video camera, which is put through an incision in the belly.
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP):Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) helps to remove cells and tissues in a woman’s lower genital tract using a wire loop heated by electric current. It is used for diagnosis and treatment of abnormal or cancerous conditions.
- Mammogram Procedure:A mammogram is an X-rays examination used to find and diagnose breast diseases in women. Gynecologists in Bangkok conduct a mammogram to look for breast cancers, benign tumors, and cysts before they can be felt.
- Management of Ruptured Ovarian Cyst:It is the care provided by a hospital if a patient has severe symptoms from a ruptured cyst.
- Mastectomy:It is part of breast cancer treatment which involves removing a breast or both breasts.
- Pap Test:A gynecologist collects and examines cells from the cervix to screen for cervical cancer and other problems.
- Pelvic Ultrasound:A pelvic ultrasound is performed to examine organs and structures in the pelvic area.
- Robotic-Assisted Myomectomy:In this procedure, a special robotic device is used to perform a surgery and remove growths in a woman’s uterus called fibroids.
- Robotic-Assisted Sacrocolpopexy:It is done to repair pelvic organ prolapsed.
- Sonohysterography:Sonohysterography is a procedure to look at the inside of the uterus.
- Tubal Ligation:a Tubal ligation is a permanent form of birth control in which a woman's fallopian tubes are tied or blocked.
- Uterine Artery Embolization:Uterine artery embolization is a procedure performed using a catheter to deliver small particles that block blood supply to the uterine body. It is also performed to get rid of noncancerous tumors or fibroids in the uterus.
Choosing a Gynecology Hospital in Bangkok
Choosing the best Gynecologist Hospital in Bangkok can be very difficult especially when there is a lot of competition. As a result, it is becoming increasingly important for hospitals to differentiate from one another in terms of quality of services and facilities. Some of the important factors to consider before choosing a Gynecologist Hospital in Bangkok are:
- Patient experience and word of mouth:Talk to previous patients or friends to have a general idea about their treatment and stay at the hospital. Ask them about communication with doctors and whether the hospital was able to provide the right treatment for their condition.
- Reputation and brand:Before visiting any Gynecologist Hospital in Bangkok, a patient is suggested to go through background checks and reputation of the hospital. The reputation of the hospital can also be decided on the rating provided in hospital listing websites or directories.
- Location and accessibility:Patients need to visit a gynecologist frequently during their treatment, therefore, choose a hospital that is located nearby.
Best Gynecology Hospitals in Bangkok
Every gynecology hospital claims to be the best when it comes to convincing patients for treatments, but we all know it may not be true always. For a genuinely good gynecology hospital, patients can refer to friends and families or they can contact ovohealth.
We have a list of top ranking gynecology hospitals in Bangkok providing world-class services at a reasonable cost. The hospitals we refer are ranked based on facilities provided, qualification of specialists, treatment charges and infrastructure. You can also visit ovohealth.com to book a free appointment.