Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Copper T IUD is a contraceptive method which is used effectively for females who are looking for Copper T IUD method. Emergency contraception is useful but one needs to know about Copper T IUD before using it for emergency contraception. The success rates of this birth control method is quite impressive.
Spermicide is a contraception birth control methods that contain chemicals to stop sperm from moving and reaching eggs to fertilize them. Spermicide works as the best contraception and prevents you from getting pregnant or conceive. There are types of spermicides that are available in different forms, including creams, foams, gels, film, and suppositories. Spermicide can be used alone or can be used with other contraception birth control methods to make them more effective in preventing pregnancies. It can also be used with the diaphragm or cervical cap. Spermicide is one of the best birth control methods and better than oral contraceptive pills. (1)
How is spermicide used?
Different types of spermicides have different ways to use, so read the instructions given on the pack of spermicide carefully. Generally, spermicide is applied inside your vagina by using your finger and you must wait for 10 minutes after applying it for intercourse to avoid getting pregnant. Spermicide is one of the best birth control methods and better than oral contraceptive pills. (2)
What is the effectiveness of spermicide?
It is 85% effective when you use perfectly and if you don’t use as per the instructions then its effectiveness decreases to 65-70%. It is more effective when used with the diaphragm and cervical cap and also helps to avoid getting pregnant. Spermicide is one of the best birth control methods and better than oral contraceptive pills. (3)
How long is spermicide effective?
- It gives protection for 1 hour, so need to be reapplied before every intercourse and can be used as the birth control contraception.
- When used alone, spermicide is not very effective. You can make it more effective if you use it with the female condom.
- Your partner can help you make spermicide more effective by using a latex condom or pulling out before ejaculation.
What are the advantages of spermicide?
Using spermicide is simple and convenient. Once you learn how inserting the spermicide is easy. Spermicide is one of the best birth control methods and better than oral contraceptive pills. (4)
- It can be carried in your pocket or purse easily
- It doesn't have any effect on a woman's natural hormones
- It is very easy to get- in drugstores and some supermarkets
- It does not require any prescription
- It can also be used during breastfeeding
What are the disadvantages of spermicide?
- It must be applied 10 minutes before having sex
- It must be applied every time you have sex
- It doesn’t give protection against STDs
- If it is not applied correctly as instructed then the failure rate is high
- Irritation may occur in the vagina (5)
What about spermicides and sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s)?
Spermicidal chemicals do not prevent contact of the vagina from the partner’s skin or bodily fluids. Spermicide should NOT be considered as a means of protection from sexually transmitted diseases. Spermicide is one of the best birth control methods and better than oral contraceptive pills. (6)
To know more about the signs and symptoms of pregnancy, then please read our article on Birth Control. If you are trying to avoid unwanted pregnancy then Contraceptive Pill is the best way of birth control.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Birth Control Methods and Options | Types of Birth Control Plannedparenthood.org, 13 June 2019
- ^ How to Use Spermicide | Follow Easy Instructions - Planned Parenthood Plannedparenthood.org, 13 June 2019
- ^ What is the Effectiveness of Spermicide - Planned Parenthood Plannedparenthood.org, 13 June 2019
- ^ What Are the Benefits and Advantages of Spermicide Plannedparenthood.org, 13 June 2019
- ^ What Are Disadvantages of Spermicidal Agents for Contraception? Medscape.com, 13 June 2019
- ^ Condoms and Sexually Transmitted Diseases | FDA Fda.gov, 13 June 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ovo Health being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.