Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Symptoms of Viral fever in Children and Adults include burning sensation in eyes, shivering, cold, severe body pain, fluctuating body temperature. Home remedies for Fever are Coriander Tea, Black Coffee, Tulsi, Ginger and Honey. Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen are prescribed for fever.
Viral fever is a group of infections inside the body, generally implicated by high body temperature, sore throat, headaches, burning sensation in the eyes, body pain and sometimes vomiting. Viral fever can affect any part of the body and during the fertility window, it can also impact your potential to conceive. It has also been found that Viral Fever impacts sperm count and mobility for the period it stays. It is very common in babies, small children, and older people as they have low immunity and less common in case of young couples. In Viral fever, the immune system fights with the virus and burns them and so the body temperature is raised from the normal range. (1)
Viral fever is transmitted very easily through the infected person. The tiny spills of fluids when the infected person sneezes, yawns or coughs can pass the infection to other people. Some severe viral fevers are caused by mosquitoes or tick bites or in coming into the contact of blood or semen of the infected person. (2)
It is very important to take proper measures during viral fever. Most of the people do not take it seriously and take antibiotics to avoid visiting the doctor. Whereas, Antibiotics are supplements to kill bacteria only and unnecessary antibiotics can cause acidity. This can also affect the stomach, liver, and kidney. Antivirals and vaccines are there to treat viral fever but people tend to choose their own medical trick which is not good for health. (3)
If the following symptoms last for more than 2 days and the body temperature remains high, then immediately contact the nearby doctor or a good medical help care center.
Symptoms of viral fever
- Body temperature keeps on fluctuating from low to high or vice-versa. It is the most common symptom of viral fever.
- Shivering and cold
- Burning sensation in eyes
- Sore throat continues during viral fever
- An affected person from viral fever feels very low energy, weakness, and dizziness
- Sometimes, Rashes may also occur
- The severe headache lasts for long in viral fever
- Nasal and chest cavity gets congested due to cough and cold
- Body pain, especially at the joints
- Vomiting and diarrhea may also occur, still rare in viral fever (4)
Viral fever duration
It takes almost 16 hours to 48 hours for a viral fever to completely hover around the immune system of the body. However, it can be cured within a week or 10 days. In some cases, it may last up to 20-21 days. If the fever continues for more than two days, immediately contact the nearby doctor or else fever can severely affect the body. (5)
Viral fever in Children
- A body temperature of more than 38 degrees Celcius must not be ignored. Children under the age of 3-6 are most likely to catch viral fevers.
- Small babies under the age of 3 months must be kept under complete precaution. If their fever remains for more than 2 days, it can take a severe form of infection inside the body.
- On the counterpart, some viral fevers in children are not much worrying. It’s because of the low immunity that children catch a cold and cough easily.
- Children must be kept safe and away from any person who is infected with viral fever.
- The infection of viral fever can lasts for more than 10 days in children. They should be given proper care and treatment until and unless they become infection free.
- Children must not be given aspirins or any other antibiotics in the viral fever. If the fever remains for long, consult a good physician and follow the prescription.
- During viral fever, Oral Rehydration Salts (ORS) must be given on regular intervals as children tend to lose more liquid than adults. Soups, pulses, and lightly cooked food should be their diet. After a bit of recovery, a little heavy food can be offered.
- Proper rest is mandatory in viral fever. Any child suffering from viral fever should take proper sleep and rest to relax the body. Any vigorous activity can make the body weak and the child will feel acute weakness. (6)
Viral fever symptoms in adults
- Body temperature raises up to 103 degrees Fahrenheit and can last for long. (7)
- Coughs, Cold, Shivering are the common viral fever symptoms in adults.
- An infected person feels dizziness, weakness, and discomfort in viral fever.
- Severe body pain, headaches, sore throat are also seen in viral fever symptoms.
- Chest and nose congestion occurs very rapidly as adults are carefree about their hygiene. Eating outside or taking late night bath can also be a reason for viral fever in adults.
Home remedy for viral fever
- Cool cotton cloth can be placed on the forehead while the infected person is resting. It will help in lowering the high body temperature due to viral fever. It is the most common home remedy for viral fever. (8)
- Gargling with warm water helps in curing sore throat during viral fever.
- If the person suffering from viral fever is shivering, a light blanket can be put on. In other cases, thin layered clothes will work.
- Several food items like Black Coffee, Coriander Tea, and Carom-boiled-water are very effective home remedies in viral fever. It will help in lowering body pain and headaches.
- Tulsi (Basil) in any form will help in treating viral fever. Tulsi with ginger and honey is the best home remedy for sore throats and coughs.
- The infected person must take much liquid diet. As the body temperature remains fluctuating, regular intake of fluids will help a lot.
- Proper rest and adequate sleep should be taken. During viral fever or fever, the body turns into fight mode and so it requires proper rest to re-energize for a couple of days.
Medicine for viral fever
- Antiviral medicines like oseltamivir or zanamivir can be taken to treat viral fever and its infections.
- Medicines like Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen are prescribed by doctors and should be taken only on a doctor’s prescription.
- Aspirins can be taken only by adults in viral fever. It must not be given to children as they cannot bear the heavy mechanism of aspirin.
- Antibiotics cannot cure viral fever. It only kills bacteria. They should be avoided until and unless the doctor prescribes them.
- If doctor prescribes Antibiotics, their dose should be completed otherwise the body will not respond to any other antibiotics in future illness. (9) (10)
Viral fevers are most widely spread infections amongst our community. It has affected a larger group of people. Awareness can keep the surrounding and its people safe and healthy.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ A Guide to Viral Fevers | Healthline Healthline.com, 19 June 2019
- ^ Fever in Adults | Medicine Health Emedicinehealth.com, 19 June 2019
- ^ Viral Fever: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Warning Healthline.com, 19 June 2019
- ^ Fever Symptoms and Treatment - Parents Parents.com, 19 June 2019
- ^ Fever in Children When to Worry Emedicinehealth.com, 19 June 2019
- ^ Fever in Adults - Infections - MSD Manual Consumer Version Msdmanuals.com, 19 June 2019
- ^ Effective Natural Remedies For Viral Fever - Sanat Products Ltd Sanat.co.in, 19 June 2019
- ^ Medications for Fever | Drugs Drugs.com, 19 June 2019
- ^ Viral Infection Treatment drugs | List of High Impact Articles Longdom.org, 19 June 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ovo Health being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.