Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
BBT Chart helps in finding out Pre and Post Ovulation period in women. BBT charting proves to be useful for women who are planning to get pregnant. If you are searching with a query like how to get pregnant fast, then BBT chart will be your best friend.
A cover line is a horizontal line drawn on your BBT chart to separate your pre and post ovulation temperatures. Keep in mind that this is really just the separation of the 2 phases of your menstrual cycle: the follicular phase and the luteal phase. While the line itself doesn’t have any physiological meaning, it is designed to help you easily see your temperature shift, along with some other helpful information about the health of your cycle. It is a type of ovulation calculator where you can track your ovulation. (1) (2)
How to Draw: For some, drawing a cover line can get a little tricky or feel a bit cumbersome, but we’re going to break down how to do it step-by-step, according to the Fertility Awareness Method Rules first.
1. As you’re charting, keep an eye out for the pattern of temperature for 3 days that appears higher than the previous 6 days. Okay, you might be wondering what counts as a “higher?” Well, “higher” means anything at least two-tenths (0.2) of a degree Fahrenheit above the previous 6 days. (although 0.4 is better). You can also use it as a fertility calculator.(3)
2. Once you’ve identified those 3 days, take note of the previous 6 days.
3. Next, find the highest temperature of those 6 days and then draw a line through one-tenth (0.1) degree Fahrenheit above that temperature.
Here’s an example: if your highest temperature in those 6 days is 97.5 degrees F, then draw a line through 97.6 degrees F. (Remember, your line should be straight.) Voila! This is your cover line. it can also be used as an ovulation calculator or ovulation.
Ideally, the rest of the temperatures during your luteal phase will be above this line, but sometimes factors like hormonal fluctuations or imbalances that can cause drips. The rules described above are based on the Fertility Awareness Method, and this works best for those with clear BBT patterns. This can also be used as ovulation calender or fertility calculator. (4)
Follow some basic precautions for proper BBT charting, otherwise, you might end up in creating incomprehensible BBT chart. Also, get to know the factors in detail which might affect basal body temperature.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ How Do You Use a BBT Chart to Pinpoint Ovulation - What to Expect Whattoexpect.com, 05 June 2019
- ^ Ovulation Calculator - Know Your Fertile Days - FIRST RESPONSE Firstresponse.com, 05 June 2019
- ^ How to Chart Your BBT - Fertility Authority Fertilityauthority.com, 05 June 2019
- ^ Ovulation Calendar - American Pregnancy Americanpregnancy.org, 05 June 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ovo Health being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.