Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Factors that influence the cost of IVF in Jaipur depends on the standard of the clinic, location, infrastructure, medical facilities available, recorded success rates, and fertility doctors experience. In total, the cost of the IVF procedure in Jaipur ranges between Rs. 2,00,000 to Rs. 3,50,000.
The demand for IVF treatments is rising at a steady rate due to its high success rates and affordability of the same. Jaipur is an excellent tourist destination in India and serves as a gateway to other tourist destinations in Rajasthan. Among the regular tourists, there are many medical tourists visiting Jaipur for infertility treatments. The best IVF centers in Jaipur, have assisted many couples through the extensively confused condition of infertility and satisfied their dream of parenthood. The cost of medical treatment is one of the prime concerns for any patient going for the same. Therefore, it is important to know the cost of the patient along with the factors which contribute to the final cost of the IVF procedure.
In this article, we will look at:
- What is the IVF cost in Jaipur?
- What are the indications for IVF in Jaipur?
- What are the factors that influence IVF cost in Jaipur?
- What all the average cost of IVF is inclusive of?
- What are the special scenarios which can impact the cost of IVF in Jaipur?
- What is the cost of IVF medications in Jaipur?
With exceptional patient care along with a track record of high IVF success rate in a very short span of time, IVF centres in Jaipur have become the preference of couples seeking infertility treatments from all over India. The treatments and services are offered in a professional and caring environment by a team of infertility doctors, sonographers, embryologists, nurses, counselors and support staff who are all leaders in their fields. IVF centres in Jaipur are equipped with high-tech medically approved equipment and labs that ensure international quality standards in treatment. The positive aspect of this is that several couples with infertility issues have been successful in having babies after the clinical treatment by specialists in IVF centres in Jaipur. Starting from infertility treatment to pregnancy care, all facilities are available under one roof at most of the top IVF centres in Jaipur.
Doctors and clinics in Jaipur understand the plight of infertile couples and strive to make their patients’ journey to parenthood comfortable at every step, through the use of cutting-edge reproductive technologies and individually tailored treatment approach in a sensitive, caring and safe environment. Infertility centres in Jaipur help people fight against all kinds of reproductive difficulties including malefactor, and female factor infertility. They also facilitate third-party reproduction services for couples who have only one last hope left for having their offsprings. Apart from IVF, they offer a full range of contemporary fertility services under one roof, including ovulation induction, IUI, ICSI, TESE, PESA, sperm freezing, embryo freezing, hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, and high-risk pregnancy care. IVF procedure has been used to help women get pregnant since the times it was first started but unlike many medical procedures, the cost of IVF procedure has evolved over the years and become more affordable over the years.
IVF is known for its hefty cost, which can vary greatly throughout the country according to the standard of the clinic. While the national average is Rs 1.3 lacs per cycle prior to medication costs, IVF cost in cities such as Delhi can exceed IVF cost in Jaipur. As the cause of infertility is different in every case, how much couples pay greatly depends on how they approach the process of getting pregnant. The cost of IVF treatment in Jaipur is much lesser as compared to other IVF centres. Test tube baby centres across the country would charge between Rs. 1.50 lakhs to Rs. 3.50 lakhs, but in Jaipur the cost would be as low as Rs. 1,20,000 including medications and injections. It is the determined goal of dedicated doctors and IVF lab colleagues to provide patients with excellent fertility medicinal services at a low cost.
When IVF is performed for the treatment of infertility, couples can try less invasive treatment options before opting for IVF procedure, including fertility medications to increase the production of eggs. Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is also a minimally invasive procedure where sperms are placed directly into the uterus around the time of ovulation. IVF is a treatment for infertility disorders and can be performed to check for any chromosomal abnormalities. IVF can also be done if couples are experiencing certain health conditions which do not let them conceive successfully. As per the statistics available at Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology, over 2,09,336 IVF cycles were successfully performed in the U.S. alone in the year 2015. This is an increase reported from 1,54,412 IVF cycles being performed in 2011. The success rates of IVF procedure have been dramatically rising with fewer embryos being implanted. In the initial stages, IVF was used to treat patients who had issues with the functioning of the fallopian tubes. Over time, several other indications for IVF procedures have been reported. (1)
Below are explained some common indications for IVF in Jaipur:
- Damaged or blocked fallopian tubes make it difficult for an egg to get fertilized or for an embryo to travel to the uterus for a successful conception.
- Ovulation Disorders: This is when ovulation in women is either absent or infrequent following which fewer eggs are available for a successful IVF procedure.
- Infertility in Men: In cases related to male infertility, where there is a defect in sperm quality, the sperm has difficulty in naturally fertilizing eggs.
- Premature ovarian failure: Premature ovarian failure or primary ovarian insufficiency is the loss of normal ovarian function before the age of 40 years. When ovaries fail, they stop producing normal amounts of the estrogen hormone or release eggs regularly.
- Unexplained Infertility: IVF treatments can benefit couples with no obvious cause of infertility that is being diagnosed by the infertility specialist. Due to the higher costs involved in the procedure, IVF is usually recommended after other less expensive fertility options have failed. Unexplained infertility is when no significant cause of infertility can be found despite in-depth infertility evaluation in couples.
For IVF to result in a successful pregnancy, it generally requires a healthy egg, sperm that can fertilize, and a uterus with a good receptivity.
Understanding IVF Costs for One Cycle:
For those who are newly exploring IVF in Jaipur, they must know that the high cost of fertility treatments does not guarantee a successful pregnancy. In fact, IVF costs are broken down by cycle or number of attempts to conceive. It is common for IVF to be costly because it may take multiple cycles to get pregnant. This number can increase with the additional cost of medications.
Factors That Influence IVF Cost in Jaipur:
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is one of the in-demand treatments in the field of infertility medicine. Assisted reproductive techniques, not surprisingly are expensive, as reflected by the present "take home baby" rate, implying the need for repeated attempts of these IVF cycles until success is achieved. Therefore, an exact cost analysis of IVF procedure is important for achieving the best IVF success rates. The key question is not how much couples spend on IVF treatments but what is the cost of a successful outcome, i.e., a healthy baby. The best IVF doctors in Jaipur intend to answer this question and to give the prospective couples a vital tool for their decision-making process at various levels of the health care system. The direct costs of IVF treatment are divided into fixed costs (equipment, depreciation, labor, maintenance, and overhead) and variable costs (laboratory tests, disposable supplies, chemicals, medications, and loss of working days by the couples). The indirect costs are the costs of hospitalization women who achieved pregnancy with IVF procedure in a high-risk unit, the cost associated with premature IVF babies and the cost of complications of the procedure. (2) For those considering IVF as an option for starting their family, there are many aspects to consider on the part of the couples. The medical, physical and emotional factors associated with the decision to go for IVF treatments are at the forefront, but the financial part of Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) is a serious consideration for many commissioning parents. Although the cost of IVF treatment varies among different countries, it is typically an expensive treatment in most parts of the world. (3)
IVF treatments are usually not covered by medical insurance and paying for these complicated procedures out of pocket is a significant investment. Breaking down the cost of the IVF cycle into its separate components and understanding factors contributing to the total cost will help couples understand the concept of IVF cost in Jaipur. Recently, there has been a growing trend in exploring strategies to reduce the cost of IVF treatment in Jaipur, which would allow the service to be offered to patients in a low-resource environment. In this review, the best IVF centers timely explore the various effective ways in which the cost of the treatment can be reduced. Despite the advancements of various high-tech equipment in the field of IVF treatments, more than 30 years ago, the cost of treatment remains high. In recent years more sophisticated, highly advanced technologies and expensive but most effective medications have been introduced, making IVF increasing accessible. Globally, the option to undergo IVF is available to a large number of patients regardless of their medical and financial conditions. In recent years, there has been a thriving interest in exploring effective ways to reduce the cost of IVF treatment, which helps patients receive quality and useful treatments at pocket-friendly costs. In this review, the fertility centers in Jaipur explore the various ways in which the cost of the treatment can be reduced.
The concept of IVF is clear. IVF is a series of different procedures and many highly experienced infertility specialists, nurses, and other technicians are involved at each stage of the treatment process. Charging at every step of the treatment separately may become confusing for patients, so most service providers charge a single base cost per IVF cycle. This is the summation of most of the major procedure costs and is quite affordable in Jaipur. Exactly what is included in this per IVF cycle cost can vary between IVF centres in Jaipur, but one can usually expect it to include such costs as:
1. Lab tests. Not surprisingly, many tests are involved in each IVF cycle:
- For women: Before getting started with the IVF procedure in Jaipur, women usually undergo several blood tests to screen for the conditions affecting the outcome of a pregnancy. Ovarian reserve testing is done by taking a blood sample which is tested for the follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) level before and during cycle management. It is usually done to get detailed information about the size and quality of eggs. After embryo transfer, blood tests are performed to check for pregnancy.
- For men: Semen analysis is performed in case of men to find out the sperm count and sperm quality.
2. Ultrasounds. Ultrasound is the most versatile way for pre-treatment assessment in IVF as it is considered to be the most dominant instrument for assessing the uterine cavity, ovarian reserve, and for pelvic pathologies. It is a superior method to biochemical methods for follicular testing because of its ability to exhibit the sizes and number of follicles quite visibly, and guide preparations for egg retrieval procedure. Ultrasound is a minimally invasive procedure and the chances of conducting the procedure under local anesthesia have made ultrasound-guided egg retrieval procedure much more popular across the world. Various results have shown that ultrasound-guided transfer techniques have come up with better outcomes than the clinical diagnosis and check-up in context to ongoing pregnancies and clinical pregnancies. Ultrasound is now considered as the key instrument for diagnosing and evaluating pregnancy following embryo transfer, biochemical methods being complimentary. (4)
Ultrasounds are also used to determine the health and condition of ovaries during the lead up to ovulation to ascertain when the patient’s follicles and eggs are ready for the retrieval process. Ultrasound scans are an effective way for IVF doctors in Jaipur to determine important fertility factors like:
- Ovarian volume (length, width, and depth of your ovaries)
- Uterus morphology (shape and structure of your uterus)
- Antral follicle count (number of eggs ovaries have in reserve)
- Endometrial thickness and texture (condition of the endometrial lining)
3. Egg retrieval. Egg retrieval is the most intensive part of an IVF cycle. After a carefully evaluating usage of fertility drugs, ovulation is triggered, and the patient is monitored which helps the doctor (guided by ultrasound) perform surgical egg retrieval procedure. Once the ovarian follicles achieve an adequate stage and size of the development, a trigger shot is given to induce final maturation of the eggs.
The timing of the trigger shot is crucial owing to the positive outcomes of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) cycle and requires being precise. An egg retrieval procedure is then scheduled for 36 hours following this injection under the supervision of world-class IVF specialists. Egg retrieval step in the IVF treatment takes place in a special procedure room which is well equipped with cutting edge technology. Egg retrieval usually takes approximately 30 minutes. During that time, all ovarian follicles are taken out of the woman. The egg is drawn out of follicles with gentle suction with the help of ultrasound images and a medical needle. An IV catheter is placed and is used for sedation and pain relieving medication during the process. The patient may wake up with some discomfort, which can be relieved along with medications with respect to the recovery area. Male partners will be scheduled to collect a fresh semen sample on the day of egg retrieval at the best IVF clinics in Jaipur. When needed, the semen sample frozen by the couples can be thawed efficiently and used for insemination. An adult is asked to be there with the patient to drive the patient home safely on the day of egg retrieval in IVF treatment. Recovery under the supervision of fertility experts generally takes one to two hours. Patients will get complete information about the number, maturity, and quality of eggs obtained following completion of the egg retrieval procedure. Women must take the egg retrieval day off from routine activities and can plan on returning to usual activities, including work, one to two days after the egg retrieval step. Hormonal medications are prescribed by infertility experts before a few days prior to the egg retrieval procedure for successful removal of the healthy eggs which can take part in the IVF treatment. (5)
4. Sperm preparation. In case of both, a partner’s or donor's semen, each of the same is washed and re-suspend the semen in a special centrifugal process to choose the healthiest sperm to contribute in fertilization.
5. Embryo culturing. Embryo culture is a component of IVF procedure, wherein, the resultant embryos are cultured in specialized IVF labs and are allowed to grow for some time in an artificial medium. It is done to allow the highest-quality embryos to be identified prior to embryo transfer. (6)
6. Embryo transfer. Once the embryos are about 5 to 6 days old, patients are asked to visit the IVF clinic again, so that the IVF doctors can transfer embryos into the uterus, or the embryos can be frozen and used in a future IVF cycle. It is a simple procedure that follows In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and is often considered the most convenient and final step of the IVF procedure. The aim of embryo transfer is to undergo implantation and facilitate a successful conception following fertilization from the ART procedures. (7)
IVF Costs which are not inclusive of per IVF cycle fees:
There are a few common costs in IVF treatments which are generally not included in a per IVF cycle fee.
- Medication: The oral and injectable fertility medications and hormones used in IVF are prescribed by IVF specialists but are not provided by general physicians. Also, the cost largely depends on the complete treatment protocol and additional medical steps added in the same.
- Anesthesia: Anesthesia for the egg retrieval procedure is typically administered by an outside anesthetist who comes into the clinic just for performing the procedure, so the cost of anesthesia is billed separately by the anesthetist. Along with the best IVF doctors in Jaipur, the IVF centres also comprise experienced anesthetists.
- Embryo storage. In cases where more viable embryos are produced than necessary for transfer, patients have the option to store them via cryopreservation (freezing) technique for future transfers. The embryo storage service generally charges its own cost as the service is usually administered by a separate facility.
The reproductive specialists can determine the best treatment plan for a particular IVF cycle based on several medical conditions. Depending on the case of infertility, IVF may be performed using donor eggs or sperm, or with the help of a surrogate.
IVF Cost with Donor Eggs:
In certain infertility cases, it is necessary to use donor eggs. Depending on the region and clinic, this can either decrease or increase prices of IVF treatment. The best IVF clinics in Jaipur claim that IVF cost with donor eggs can be dropped by up to 50 percent, partially because of the reduced medication cost and the fact that donor eggs eliminate the need for egg retrieval. Over time, the potential benefits of using donor egg in IVF procedure can be incredible and the process is considered to be very useful for the patients. The statistical success rates of IVF with donor egg skyrocket for older women. The primary indication for IVF with egg donation can be for women diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure (POF) occurring before the age of 40 years. The condition affects a certain percentage of the female population. (8)
The quality of donor eggs and the manner in which the eggs are collected and stored can also make a difference in the cost of the IVF procedure. IVF cost in Jaipur with egg donation can be impacted based on the clinic or donor egg bank you select. The average cost of IVF with donor eggs ranges between Rs.1, 20,000 - Rs. 2, 80,900.
IVF Cost with Frozen Embryos:
Choosing to undergo an IVF cycle utilizing frozen embryos from the previous IVF cycle can reduce the IVF cost. This is because, during IVF, multiple eggs are fertilized that are either implanted or frozen for later use. IVF cost in Jaipur with frozen embryos is low because there is no need to retrieve more eggs, speeding up the IVF process and removing parts of a complete cycle. The average IVF cost with frozen embryos costs up to Rs. 3,00,000. The standard storage period for embryos is generally 10 years, although women in various circumstances can opt to store their embryos for up to 55 years. (9)
IVF Cost with PGD:
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) is a type of medical test done on embryos formed during the IVF process to ensure there are no genetic abnormalities present in them. PGD testing is done before embryos are transferred to the uterus, allowing doctors to select the healthiest embryos possible. As this is an additional service, the IVF cost with PGD can increase. The possible candidates for IVF PGD can be patients who are carriers of single gene disorders, sex-linked genetic disorders, those having chromosomal abnormalities and women aging 35 years or more. (10) Some IVF clinics in Jaipur include this cost in the total cycle price, while others charge separately.
While many clinics are willing to create a combined packaged price for infertility treatments such as IVF, some of the centres do not include the cost of IVF medications. When considering additional expense you should expect between Rs. 5000 to Rs. 20,000 in medication costs. Depending on specific medications and the number of cycles of IVF you have to go through, this cost can vary. Patients can also compare the cost of IVF medications in different pharmacies to determine the best prices as you will likely be paying for the same out of your pockets. Hospital or clinic pharmacies are convenient, but they may not always offer at best cost-savings price. Patients can also lower this expense through the help of financial assistance provided by your infertility treatment center or clinic. To conclude the cost of IVF treatment in Jaipur, a normal first IVF cycle may cost between Rs. 2,00, 000 to Rs. 3,50,000, which is reasonable in the city as compared to other places. The cost may also depend on the standard of the hospital, doctors’ fees and procedures performed.
For further information about IVF cost in Jaipur and other infertility treatments, you can visit OVO fertility".com to get the cost of fertility treatments at affordable prices. For couples having trouble in paying for the expensive IVF treatments in one go can get the benefit of medical loans provided by OVO fertility with unique offers. OVO Fertility is associated with reputed clinics and reliable doctors from whom patients can choose to find the best approach to their treatment. Book a free appointment with the best IVF doctors in Jaipur by contacting us at +918268260808.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology Sart.org, 27 May 2019
- ^ Cost analysis of in vitro fertilization Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 27 May 2019
- ^ Low cost in vitro fertilization Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 27 May 2019
- ^ The Role of Ultrasonography in In-Vitro Fertilization and Embryo Transfer Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 27 May 2019
- ^ Egg Retrieval Process - Health Topic Uihc.org, 27 May 2019
- ^ Embryo culture - Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 27 May 2019
- ^ Embryo Transfer - American Pregnancy Americanpregnancy.org, 27 May 2019
- ^ Donor Egg Resolve.org, 27 May 2019
- ^ Embryo freezing Hfea.gov.uk, 27 May 2019
- ^ Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis Americanpregnancy.org, 27 May 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ovo Health being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.