Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Certain factors determine IUI success rates which includes type of IUI procedure, age of the woman, use of fertility drugs, and success rates of IUI in the respective fertility clinic. IUI treatment cost needs to be considered before starting the artificial insemination procedure.
Let’s Discuss in More Details About Factors Deciding The Success Rates For IUI:
- What Type of Artificial Insemination Are You Choosing?
- What Is Your Age?
- Are You Using Fertility Drugs?
- How Many Inseminations Should You Do?
- When to NOT go for IUI?
- What Is the Success Rates with Inseminations?
- What Is the First Time IUI Success Rate?
Artificial insemination statistics can vary, depending on a number of factors. We explain six important factors that might affect your personal artificial insemination statistics, also known as IUI success rate. (1)
Did you know that there are several types of artificial insemination to treat female infertility? Intrauterine insemination (IUI) often has higher success rates over intracervical insemination (ICI). (2)
A large part of the success of IUI is due to the special sperm washing procedure. Here is how it works:
1- The sperm sample is spun down, separating the healthy sperm from the low mobile sperm
2- The concentrated healthy sperm is then injected directly into the uterus
Finding success with artificial insemination often depends on a woman’s age and the level female infertility (4)
Here are insemination success rates by age:
- Women under 35 have a 10 to 20 percent chance of getting pregnant during an IUI cycle
- Women between 35 and 40 have a 10 percent chances of getting pregnant using IUI when using fertility drugs
- Women over 40 have a 5 percent chances of getting pregnant using IUI with fertility drugs
Some women undergoing artificial insemination, especially those over 35, may be advised to take fertility medications to induce a state of superovulation.
This use of fertility drugs may increase your chances of getting pregnant with IUI.
Injectable medications are another option recommended for those that do not have success with Clomid and IUI. Your doctor may recommend that you try 3 to 6 cycles of IUI with injectables before moving on to another fertility treatment option like in vitro fertilization (IVF). (5)
Some research has shown that two inseminations are better than one.
- Blockage of both fallopian tubes
- Severe male factor infertility
- Severe endometriosis
- Severe pelvic scarring
- For these conditions IVF, in vitro fertilization is the treatment of choice (6)
Chances for success with intrauterine insemination will be very different in different subgroups of couples depending on the age of the female and the underlying cause of the infertility problem. (7) For example:
2- However, in a 43-year-old doing intrauterine insemination for unexplained infertility, the expected success rate is very low - about 1% per month
3- This is due to the significant impact of female age on fertility
1- First time IUI success rates are somewhat higher than for additional attempts
2- If insemination is increasing the efficiency of the fertility process for a couple, we expect a pregnancy fairly soon
3- The average success rate per try drops with each attempt until 3 tries are done
4- IUI success rate after 3 cycles is much lower
5- Another way to say it - if insemination is going to work it will be in the first 3 tries
6- Several studies have shown that 90% of IUI success rate is in the first 3 cycles (8)
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Artificial Insemination Success Rates | Attain Fertility Attainfertility.com, 12 June 2019
- ^ Intrauterine Insemination Versus Intracervical Insemination in Donor Sperm Treatment Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 12 June 2019
- ^ The Effect of Intrauterine Insemination Time on Semen Parameters Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 12 June 2019
- ^ Age and Fertility - ReproductiveFacts Reproductivefacts.org, 12 June 2019
- ^ Fertility Drugs for Women - Types, Side Effects, and What to Expect - NCBI Medicalnewstoday.com, 12 June 2019
- ^ Intrauterine Insemination: Is the Timing Correct - NCBI Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 12 June 2019
- ^ Success Rates With Inseminations Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 12 June 2019
- ^ IUI Success Rates - Verywell Family Verywellfamily.com, 12 June 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ovo Health being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.