Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Avil 25 mg tablet is an antihistamine with a soothing action. Avil is used to treat allergic reactions or allergic rhinitis. Side effects of avil are Irregular heartbeat, Urinary retention and Blurred vision. The substitute of avil 25 mg are Intavil 25 mg Tablet and Sanofi 25 mg Tablet.
Avil 25 mg Tablet is an antihistamine with a soothing action. It used to treat various allergic reactions such as hay fever or urticaria, which is caused by dust, pollen, or animal hair. Doctors do not recommend Avil 25 mg tablet for the children under the age of 5 years. (1) (2)
In this article, you will get information related to:
- What is the composition of Avil 25 mg?
- What are the uses of Avil 25 mg Tablet?
- What are the Side effects of Avil 25 mg Tablet?
- What are the Substitutes of Avil 25 mg Tablet?
- When to Avoid Avil 25 mg Tablet?
- What is the dosage of Avil 25 mg?
- What is the Interaction of Avil 25 mg with alcohol, medicine, and diseases?
- What are the general instructions for Avil 25 mg tablet?
Avil 25 Tablet is generally marketed in combination with other medications, instead of being sold as a stand-alone drug. For example, Neo Citran which helps in reducing pain contains Avil 25 mg tablet in its composition. Avil 25 works by preventing the action of histamine. To do so, the drug molecules bind with histamine H1 receptor proteins. (3)
Avil 25 mg tablet is prescribed for various diseases and conditions that are mentioned as below (4):
- Allergic rhinitis: Avil 25 mg tablet is used to decline the symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as running nose, itchy eyes, and sneezing.
- Motion sickness: Avil 25 mg tablet can be used in multiple conditions such as motion sickness to diminish the symptoms like nausea, sweating, and headache.
Side effects of Avil 25Mg tablet include drowsiness or bradycardia. An Overdose of avil 25 may cause sleep disorders and even seizures if taken in interaction with alcohol. It may also lead to lower levels of adrenaline (epinephrine), which may, in turn, cause unconsciousness. (5) (6)
The side effects of avil 25 mg tablet are:
- blurred vision
- Irregular heartbeat
- Urinary retention
- Severe Allergic Reaction
It is advisable to contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms on a regular basis. The side effects of avil 25 mg tablet is observed by a very small percentage of the population.
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same strength, composition, and form as Avil 25 mg Tablet and hence they can be utilized as the substitute of Avil.
- Interval 25 mg Tablet
- Pheniramine Maleate (Sanofi) 25 mg Tablet
A person can avoid Avil 25 mg tablet if he/she is suffering from any of the below-mentioned factors (7):
- Neonates - Avil 25 is not prescribed for neonates, newborn children, premature infant and children belonging to the age group of 0-5 years.
- Antidepressants - Use of Avil 25 mg Tablet with the combination of antidepressants or MAO inhibitors class such as selegiline or rasagiline is usually not recommended. As this combination may lead to various effects such as constipation, urinary retention, dryness of mouth and blurred vision.
- Allergy - Avil 25 is not prescribed to the patients who have a certain allergy from avil 25 mg tablet.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia - Avil 25 mg Tablet is not prescribed for the use in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate). As taking avil medicine may result in further difficulties in passing urine.
Dosage of Avil 25 mg is also important while using it to cure any kind of allergy, allergic rhinitis or motion sickness. As the overdosage of avil 25 can cause harm to the person in various ways. Dosage of avil 25 mg contains half to one tablet 3 times daily for adults and half a tablet 3 times daily for children those who belong to the age group of 5 to 10 years of age. Avil 25 is not recommended for children who belong under the age of 5 years. To avoid travel sickness, a person is suggested to take the first dose of avil 25 mg tablet at least 30 minutes prior to travel. In case if a person misses a dose or overdoses on Avil 25 mg, below mentioned instructions should be followed:
- Missed Dose of Avil 25: Take the missed dose of avil 25 as soon as you remember. If it is almost the time for your next dose of avil then skip the missed dose. Do not double your dose of avil to make up for the missed dose.
- Overdose of Avil 25: Seek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor immediately in case of an overdose of avil 25.
All drugs interact differently for different individuals. You should always check all the possible interactions with your doctor before starting any kind of medicine for an allergy or disease. Following are the interaction of avil 25 mg with Alcohol, medicine, and diseases. (8)
- Interaction with Medicine
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
- Interaction with Disease - Use of avil 25 mg tablet in patients with the interaction of closed-angle glaucoma is not prescribed due to an increased risk of vision problems.
- Interaction with Alcohol
- Avil 25 mg tablet may boost the CNS depression effects caused by alcohol.
Instructions - Consumption of alcohol while taking Avil 25 mg Tablet is not suggested due to an increase in the risk of depression, impaired judgment, and impaired thinking. It is recommended that you do not perform any activities which require high mental alertness like driving a vehicle or operating heavy machinery after consumption of alcohol while on Avil 25 mg Tablet.
Avil 25 mg Tablet can cause drowsiness, which may decline with time. It is not recommended to drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery immediately after taking a dose of avil 25 mg medicine. Use avil medicine only as instructed by your doctor or consultant.
Warnings for Pregnant and Breast-Feeding Women
- Pregnancy - Avil is not suggested for use in pregnant women unless it is strictly indicated. A woman should discuss the benefits and risks with her doctor before using avil 25 mg tablet.
- Breast-Feeding - Avil is also not recommended for the use in breastfeeding women unless and until it is strictly indicated. A breastfeeding woman should discuss the benefits and risks with her doctor before using avil 25 mg tablet. (9)
General Warnings Related to Avil 25 mg Tablet
Do not use avil 25 mg tablet for anything other than the indicated use or more than the prescribed dose. Do not take this medication after the expiry date shown on the packet/label is passed. (10)
This article lets you know about Avil 25 mg tablet, uses of avil 25 mg, side effects of avil, when to avoid avil 25 mg, the dosage of avil 25 mg tablet, and interaction of avil with alcohol, medicine or disease. It brings to you, all the general warning and instructions related to the avil 25 mg tablet. If you wish to know about infertility treatments such as IVF, IUI, ICSI, MESA, TESA or Surrogacy feel free to contact us on +918268260808 or else you can visit ovohealth.com.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Avil 25 mg | Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 16 July 2019
- ^ Sleeping Tablets | Sleep Health Foundation Sleephealthfoundation.org.au, 16 July 2019
- ^ Composition of is Avil 25 mg Sanofi.in, 16 July 2019
- ^ Phenylephrine-Pheniramine Oral : Uses, Side Effects | WebMD Webmd.com, 16 July 2019
- ^ AVIL Side effects, Price, Pharmacology & Alternatives | Medicine India Medicineindia.org, 16 July 2019
- ^ Avil - Everything you wanted to know about it | HealthClues Healthclues.net, 16 July 2019
- ^ When to Avoid Avil 25 mg Tablet? | NCBI Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 16 July 2019
- ^ Avil Tablets | NPS MedicineWise Nps.org.au, 16 July 2019
- ^ Safety of Antihistamines During Pregnancy and Lactation | NCBI Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 16 July 2019
- ^ Avil | Healthdirect Healthdirect.gov.au, 16 July 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ovo Health being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.