Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Clavam 625 mg tablet, an antibiotic drug, is a combination medicine prescribed for various types of bacterial infections. Clavam 625 uses are observed in infections of ear, nose, throat, respiratory tract and skin. Side effects of Clavam 625 include fever, diarrhea, sleeplessness, and joint pain.
For treating a variety of bacterial infections, one can use clavam 625 tablets which is a combination medicine. Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid are the two ingredients of Clavam 625. Here, with the growth amoxicillin interferes and division process of the bacterial cell wall and clavulanic acid ensures extensive anti-bacterial activity. (1)
In this article, we will look at:
- What are the uses of Clavam 625 Tablet?
- What are the side effects of Clavam 625 tablet?
- What is the prescribed dosage for Clavam 625?
- What are the warnings and precautions related to Clavam 625 tablet?
- Can Clavam 625 be used in pregnancy?
To treat bacterial infections of the skin, lungs, and airways, middle ear, urinary tract, and sinuses, Clavam 625 tablet is used. Some minor side effects like fever, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting can be seen after excessive use. To get the complete information on Clavam 625 uses and side effects please go through the article. (2)
- Ear Infection (Otitis Media) (4)
- Nose Infection (Sinusitis)
- Throat Infection (Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis)
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infection
- Febrile Neutropenia
- Skin Infection (5)
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Stomach Ulcers
The excessive use of Clavam 625 tablet can be the reason for some side effects. (3) The various side effects of Clavam 625 tablet are:
- Allergic Skin Reaction
- Diarrhea (6)
- Joint pain
- Skin yellowing
- Easy bruising and bleeding
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Tooth discoloration
- Nausea or vomiting
- Altered sense of taste
- Painful intercourse
- Swelling of lips, face, eyelids, tongue, feet, and hands
- Black or tarry stools
- Muscle or joint pain
- Irregular heartbeat
Directions given to them by the doctor and pharmacist must be followed by one who is going to take this medicine. The direction label should be read carefully which is advisable. Before taking the medicine one should talk to their doctor or pharmacist, if one has any concerns about how to take this medicine. This tablet should be taken twice a day which is usual dose of Clavam 625 tablet. (7)
How to Take Clavam 625 Tablet?
The Clavam 625 tablet should be swallowed with water. These tablets should not be chewed; one can also take in half.
Before or with the first nibble of food, Clavam 625 tablets should be taken immediately. When taken this way, Clavam 625 tablets work best. It is also helpful in preventing stomach upsets.
However, if Clavam tablets are taken without food they work even.
For effective results, space the doses as evenly as possible throughout the day. Take a dose about every twelve hours if one is taking Clavam tablets twice a day.
How Long one should Take Clavam 625 Tablets?
Until the course is finished or for as long as prescribed by the doctor, keep taking Clavam 625 tablets.
Just because one starts feeling better as the infection can return It is advisable to not stop taking the medicine.
Without first discussing with the doctor do not stop taking, or change the dose.
Missed Clavam 625 Tablets Dose
If the next dose is due within six hours, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the normal time. Otherwise, take the missed dose as soon as you remember and then go back to taking the tablets as directed by the doctor.
Do not take a double dose to make up for the dose that got missed.
The chances of unwanted side effects can increase by taking more than the prescribed dose.
Clavam 625 Overdose
Immediately call the doctor or Poisons Information Centre for advice in case of an overdose, even if there are no signs of discomfort or poisoning.
Mild to severe nausea, cramps vomiting, and diarrhea are the symptoms of overdose. Call the nearest doctor or pharmacist for advice if one has no idea about what to do.
Clavam 625 is not recommended in some cases. Before taking medicine it would be advisable to check these situations.
- One should not take this medicine, if they are allergic to penicillin and penicillin-based drugs and antibiotics. (9)
- Medicine can reduce the efficiency of birth pills so women should avoid this medicine who are on birth control pills.
- Medicine is not recommended for breastfeeding mothers, the effect of the antibiotic on the baby is not known. So it is safe to consult the doctor as a precautionary measure the amount that is passed through breast milk is also not known.
- Avoid this medicine if someone has serious renal failure or any kind of kidney diseases
- People suffering from a faulty liver or any kind of liver disorders
- Asthma patients and those suffering from mononucleosis
- People with a history of antibiotic allergy
- People who have had allergic reactions to this medicine in the recent past
- People who are prone to hypersensitivity
Clavam 625 Tablet Interactions and Precautions
Clavam 625 tablet interacts with different medicines in different ways:
- Bleeding, swelling, dizziness, and overall weakness is the result of Clavam 625 when interacts with Warfarin
- Severe results can be seen when Clavam 625 interacts with Doxycycline and other related antibiotics
- Methotrexate and other chemotherapy drugs can show extreme toxicity in interacting with Clavam.
Clavam 625 tablet interacts with the following diseases in different ways:
- Colitis: Severe diarrhea can be caused by Clavam 625 mg tablet in patients with Colitis
- Mononucleosis: Hypersensitivity characterized by allergic skin reactions and swelling can caused by Clavam 625 tablet in patients suffering from mononucleosis.
- Hemodialysis: It would be better if dosage adjustments or relevant substitution are made, Clavam 625 MG tablets when interferes with the process of hemodialysis in patients. (10)
Q. Can Clavam 625 tablet be taken along with alcohol?
Ans: Clavam 625 may increase the risk of side effects like drowsiness, dizziness if taken along with alcohol.
Q. Is Clavam 625 addictive?
Ans: No, Clavam 625 tablet is not addictive. Schedule H or Schedule X is the category of all addictive drugs in India.
Q. Can Clavam 625-tablet cause diarrhea?
Ans:The natural bacterial flora of the stomach can be affected by Clavam 625 tablet. Thus, as a side effect it may cause diarrhea. In case person must consult a doctor immediately if someone is suffering from a severe case of diarrhea.
All the relevant information about Clavam 625 uses, Clavam 625 dosage and side effects is provided in this article which can help you. You can refer Ovo Health blog for more such interesting and information-rich articles on infertility issues, love and relationship, and pregnancy. Feel free to call on the given number: +918268260808 if you are experiencing any infertility issues, or want to get more information on it.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Clavam 625 MG Complete and Comprehensive Overview Healthclues.net, 18 September 2019
- ^ Clavam | Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 18 September 2019
- ^ What are the side effects of Clavam 625 tablet? Alkemlabs.com, 18 September 2019
- ^ Ear Infection | Symptoms and Causes | Mayo Clinic Mayoclinic.org, 18 September 2019
- ^ Skin Infection: Pictures, Causes and Treatments | Healthline Healthline.com, 18 September 2019
- ^ Diarrhea | MedlinePlus Medlineplus.gov, 18 September 2019
- ^ Clavam 625 Tablet: View Uses, Side Effects 1mg.com, 18 September 2019
- ^ Why My Doctor Suggests Clavam 625 During Pregnancy Healofy.com, 18 September 2019
- ^ Amoxicillin / clavulanate Use During Pregnancy Drugs.com, 18 September 2019
- ^ Hemodialysis | Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 18 September 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ovo Health being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.