Find the list of best surrogacy doctors in India who offers the best treatment with the highest success rate. The list has been categorized on the basis of doctors fame, experience, reviews, ratings, and cost. Dr. Mohit Saraogi from Saraogi Hospitals and IRIS IVF Centre and Dr. Kaberi Banerjee from Advanced Fertility Centre top the list of the best surrogacy doctors in India.
Combiflam tablet uses include relieving pain and inflammation, but it does not cure the causes of pain. Combiflam composition includes Ibuprofen and Paracetamol. The main side effects of Combiflam are stomach ache, nausea and indigestion, which can be avoided if Combiflam dosage is taken properly with food or milk.
Combiflam is an effective pain killer medicine. It is composed of two components called paracetamol and ibuprofen. The popular medicine is solely produced by Sanofi India Ltd. It belongs to a Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID) category. (2) Combiflam majorly helps in relieving different pains in the body. Combiflam cures headaches, menstrual pain, and arthritis. A few of the other conditions in which Combiflam medicine help are back pain, toothaches, muscle pain, and fever. Each medicinal tablet has some mild to severe side effects. Similarly, Combiflam if not taken cautiously, may increase the risk of bleeding complications and liver damage.
In this article we will be discussing below-mentioned questions:
- What should be the dosage while consuming Combiflam?
- What is Combiflam composition?
- What is the Combiflam tablet uses?
- What are the Combiflam side effects or consequences of consuming Combiflam?
- What should be the Combiflam dosage while consumption?
Combiflam gets effective right after the consumption of this medication. In the tablet form, Combiflam is generally available in a mixture of Ibuprofen 400 mg and Paracetamol 325 mg. (3) Combiflam dosage is not specific in terms of consumption and this majorly depends on the severity and condition of pain. If a patient is an anguish about unbearable pain, then a doctor may give a higher dosage according to the severity. A mild dose of Combiflam for mild pain is usually appropriate for consumption, after consulting with a doctor. It is important not to exceed the consumption of Combiflam, and one must adhere to the doctor's prescription. Otherwise, an overdose of Combiflam may turn out to be dangerous and harmful to health. (1)
- Missed Dosage: If one has forgotten to take the medicine as per regular schedule. Subsequently, they should consume it as soon as they remember it. In case, if the patient remembers taking the prior dose at the time of the next dose, then the prior dosage can be skipped with the following dosage.
- Overdose:Over intake of Combiflam may lead to several adverse symptoms. Therefore, it is advised to inform the doctor immediately, if an overdose is consumed and reflecting the side effects of the same.
The doctor, after examining several factors, decides the dosage of the medication (3):
- Body mass and age of the patient.
- Overall health status of the patient.
- The severity of the medical problem in focus.
- History of drug reactions, resistance, and allergies.
Based on the above interpretations the required indicative dosage of Combiflam medicine could be given:
- Adults: Maximum four gms regular Combiflam dosage of 0.5 to 1 gm needs to be given to the patient in a gap of four to six hours as per the prescription.
- Children: For children up to one year: 60-120 mg dosage of four to six hourly daily with a maximum of four Combiflam doses in 24 hours.
- For the children between one to five years: 120-250 mg dosage must be taken, four to six hours. The dosages need to be monitored from time to time to prevent any adverse effects in the children.
- For children till six to twelve years: 250-500 mg dosage is given to the patients for four to six hours in the time frame of 24 hours.
Combiflam is composed of two components of pain preventing drugs. These composites help in soothing the pain. They also manage the imbalance hormones and enzymes, which are responsible for inflammations and pain.
The two major Combiflam compositions include:
- Ibuprofen: It is an anti-inflammatory drug belonging to a nonsteroidal class of drugs. The medicine within a few minutes helps in relieving the pain and inflammations caused due to migraines, menstrual cramps, fever, and rheumatoid arthritis. (7)
- Paracetamol:This component belongs to acetaminophen, APAP class of drugs. This drug helps in soothing moderate pain and fever. This composite is also combined with other medicines, for providing multiple effects. (6)
Combiflam medicine retains anti-inflammatory properties. These properties help in soothing the inflammation and related conditions in the patients. A valuable composite of paracetamol in Combiflam is Acetaminophen, which helps in treating mild fever. Below are the few uses of Combiflam that helps in adverse situations of health:
- Fever: Combiflam helps in relieving the pain and inflammation temporarily, but it does not cure the cause of fever. Therefore, a doctor's consultation is a must, as he may give a medication in combination to cure the cause of fever also.
- Pain (mild or moderate): A patient may feel mild to moderate degree of pain and accordingly Combiflam medicine is prescribed. A Combiflam is a multipurpose tablet. It helps in treating different pains like toothache, headache and body pain effectively within few hours.
- Menstrual cramps:The Combiflam is highly helpful in relieving the pain in abdominal and menstruation cramps when a female is in her periods' phase.
- Osteoarthritis: The Combiflam tablet is useful in treating the symptoms related to Rheumatoid arthritis. The symptoms include stiffness, pain, and swelling in joints.
- Gout: Combiflam relieves the pain and swelling in the patient which is related to gout.
Combiflam tablet has been effectively responsible for reducing the pain for some time, but it is unhelpful to cure the actual cause of pain. However, it helps the body to recover the cause of pain, while it has suppressed the pain.
The functioning of a Combiflam tablet:
- The tablet of Combiflam blocks the synthesis of Cyclooxygenase (COX 2) enzyme. These enzymes are generally responsible for the stimulation of prostaglandins in the body. Inflammation, pain in joints and swelling are caused due to the release of prostaglandins.
- By hindering the production of Cyclooxygenase (COX 2), the synthesis of prostaglandins is also restrained. Therefore, severe conditions such as osteoarthritis, joint swellings, migraine, inflammation, menstrual pain, rheumatoid arthritis, and fever are eased by using Combiflam.
- The components of Combiflam hamper the production of all the enzymes or elements, which stimulates the inflammation. The inflammation process is caused by proteolytic enzymes, Cyclooxygenase, free radicals, and prostaglandin. Combiflam tablet also cures the acute pain caused due to menstrual cramps, osteoarthritis, and stiff neck. It directly works on the respective part of the brain responsible for maintaining and reducing the imbalance temperature. The Combiflam stimulates the origin of pain and promotes the blood flow across the surface of the body and detoxify through sweating and increased the release of heat.
- The strong effect of Combiflam is experienced within half an hour to an hour. Whereas, it lasts for an average of 4-6 hours duration.
Precautions and Warning; How to avoid side effects of Combiflam?
The Combiflam tablet is commonly referred to as a painkiller. Still, it should be taken in a serious manner, and not to be taken without consulting with the doctor because this medicine is not an over-the-counter medicine:
- One must carefully check its components and make sure that the patient is not allergic to any of the components in the medicine.
- One must check if the patient is allergic or not, to a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) such as Diclofenac, Aspirin.
- After the intake of the medicine, the patient must notify the adverse changes in his body like facial swelling, itchy red bumps on the skin, asthma attack, bleeding in the stomach, or nose irritation. In such a condition, consultation from a doctor will be helpful for the patient.
- Before consuming the tablet, the patient should inform the patient any history of stomach bleeding or stomach/ intestine ulcers to the doctor for consideration.
- In the case of liver and kidney disease, one should avoid taking medicine or consult a doctor before the intake of medicine.
- A patient suffered through heart disease, heart failure or a stroke should first confirm with the doctor about any adverse reaction.
- A patient suffering from a specific blood disorder or porphyria must consult the doctor or physician before consuming Combiflam.
- If one is suffering from breathing problems, then a priority check should be performed with respect to the components of Combiflam to avoid allergies. (8)
- One should drink plenty of water to avoid stomach upset, discomfort or bleeding. This medicine should be strictly taken with milk or food to decrease the risk of stomach problems, and discomfort.
- If one is planning to have a baby, then one must stop the use of Combiflam. Combiflam medicine makes it difficult to conceive a baby.
There is no specific treatment, which can fight cold viruses directly. Corresponding to the fact, nasal sprays and painkillers such as Acetaminophen (paracetamol) and Ibuprofen may give some relief from cold symptoms. However, many treatments have not been studied or have no effective relief in a patient's case. (4) Such conditions are quite common all over the world. Ordinarily, adults suffer from a cold for about two to four times during a year, and children have as many as six to eight cold viruses a year. That is because this can be induced by many distinct viruses, so having had one virus doesn't make anyone resistant to other cold viruses.
A few of the common Combiflam side effects are (5):
- Mild heartburn
- Problem related to Indigestion
- Feeling nausea
- Stomach pain
- Prolonged fatigue
Some of the major Combiflam side effects, which can be rarely seen after intake are followed:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Itchy rashes on the skin
- Gastric and oral ulcer
- Passing of blood with urine
- Excretion of Cloudy urine
- Severe abdominal discomfort
- Severe constipation
- Grossly reduced urine output
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes
- Abnormal blood cells count
- Loss of appetite
- Severe drowsiness
- Vomiting of blood
Below are the detailed side effects of Combiflam:
- Chronic malnutrition: The risk of severe unfavorable effects cannot be ignored. Depending on the clinical researches, relevant adjustments in dosage and a prescription of alternative medicines is a necessity to avoid such health effects in the patient.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding: Long term usage of Combiflam may stimulate gastrointestinal bleeding and perforation, particularly if one is aged and the ones who have been diagnosed with gastrointestinal problems. Combiflam dosage adjustment along with alternative may be needed.
- Chronic alcoholism: This medicine is not suggested if the patient is an alcoholic because the patient is carrying a risk of severe liver damage.
- Anemia: If one is anemic, then special attention is required for using this medicine, as one has the risk worsening of its condition. In severe cases, alternative medication could be the only option.
- Impaired Liver:If one is experiencing liver impairment and different diseases associated with the liver, then extra care is required for the patient. A close observation on the liver function and Combiflam dosage adjustments may be considered. One still stands the risk of unfavorable effects on its liver, and a suitable option of medicine is required depending on clinical evaluation.
- For the proper effect on the concerned health condition, Combiflam must be consumed with food.
- Combiflam dosage should be strictly taken on doctor's prescription.
- Alcohol must be avoided while having Combiflam to avoid certain unfavorable health risks.
- Sensitivity towards allergy causing through any of the components in Combiflam must be checked before consumption.
- One must check and inform the doctor about ongoing drugs to avoid any severe interaction or reaction between them.
Interactions of Combiflam medicine:
- Methotrexate (Major): If Combiflam dosage if taken with Methotrexate, then there are high chances that it may lead to liver injury, breathing problems, and bleeding. The combination of paracetamol and ibuprofen is not suitable for Methotrexate. Before the intake of Combiflam, one must consult the doctor. The adjustment to the dosage should be made before consuming it as per the severity of health condition. It is important to monitor necessary kidney functions and blood cells count closely during the course of medicine. (9)
- Corticosteroids (Moderate): The mixture of Combiflam dosage and Corticosteroids medicines may increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding. It is advisable to inform the doctor before consuming Corticosteroids. Therefore, if the combination is not suitable for the patient, then a better substitute medicine is recommended.
- Aspirin (Major): An aspirin can reduce or nullify the effect of Combiflam if taken along with Combiflam tablet due to the presence of Ibuprofen component. Along with the reduced effect of Combiflam, one may also induce a risk of bleeding. One must immediately consult the doctor if any of these health issues are found: gastrointestinal bleeding, abdominal pain, and blood in stools. The doctor may suggest another suitable medicine in such a case. (10)
- Antihypertensive (Moderate): Combiflam dosage taken in combination with antihypertensives like Ramipril and Furosemide may increase the risk of kidney damage. Therefore, to avoid such a situation, monitoring of kidney functions is important.
Combiflam Variant Medicines:
The following are the variant medicines of the medicine:
- Combiflam tablet
- Combiflam syrup
- Combiflam gel
- Combiflam pain relief spray
The suspension form of Combiflam:
Combiflam Dosage is also available in suspension form. It functions as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
The suspension form of Combiflam tablet can be given to an infant patient above the age of 6 months.
- The precautions and warnings should continue to be similar in either form of Combiflam dosage.
Combiflam Tablet is a popular anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic used in India because of the characteristics of the mixture of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol. Its effect is limited to the remedy of mild to moderate pains of several origins, fever, and illness. Although there are risks of side effects, it is a comparatively reliable drug when consumed under expert medical supervision.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs):
- What if someone consumes an expired Combiflam tablet?
- Ans:Consuming a single expired Combiflam tablet is not harmful to health. However, to be on safer side one should consult a doctor if any side effect is seen.
- Is Combiflam tablet addictive?
- Ans: No, Combiflam Tablet is not addictive at all. It only helps in soothing the pain for a few hours. However, a permanent solution to cure the cause of the pain must be found soon, because Combiflam does not cure the main cause.
- Is it safe to consume Combiflam on an empty stomach?
- Ans: Medications like Ibuprofen, Combiflam, and other NSAIDs might cause irritability in the stomach lining of the patient. Therefore, it is always recommended to consume this medicine along with food or milk.
- Is Combiflam safe for kids?
- Ans:Combiflam comprises ibuprofen, which has been used as a component in kids medicine for a prolonged time now. Infants in the weight bracket, should not be advised with Combiflam. The grown-up children will not experience an issue if they consume Combiflam and adhere to the given dosage.
- Why Combiflam tablet is harmful?
- Ans:The tablet is harmful because one of the major Combiflam side effects includes liver impairment due to prolonged intake of Combiflam.
- Is it safe to take a Combiflam tablet while Lactation or breastfeeding?
Ans:Yes, Combiflam Tablet is safe to use even during the lactation phase. The human studies have confirmed that either of the drugs, does not transfer into the breastmilk in a significant quantity to harm their health. It has also not suspected any development of toxicity into the newborn. However, Combiflam tablet is usually not recommended for breastfeeding women, if not necessary. Consultation with a doctor before consuming any medicine during pregnancy is important.
- How long one has to wait to see the results of Combiflam tablet?
Ans: Combiflam tablet begins showing its result within half an hour of consumption.
- What is the time span of the Combiflam dosage in influencing the pain?
Ans: Combiflam tablet shows its result within 6 hours from the consumption.
- Is driving safe after consuming a Combiflam tablet?
Ans: Combiflam dosage might make a person sense dizziness, sleepiness, and drowsiness. Hence, one must avoid driving after the consumption of the Combiflam tablet is advisable.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Combiflam Tablet Docprime.com, 01 June 2019
- ^ Ibuprofen/Paracetamol | Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 01 June 2019
- ^ Combiflam Tablet - Everything You Wish to Know About the Medicine - The Indian Wire Theindianwire.com, 01 June 2019
- ^ Common Colds - Relief for a Stuffy Nose, Cough and Sore Throat - NCBI Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, 01 June 2019
- ^ Abridged Rx Information - Sanofi Sanofi.in, 01 June 2019
- ^ Paracetamol Tablet - WenMD Webmd.com, 01 June 2019
- ^ Ibuprofen - WebMD Webmd.com, 01 June 2019
- ^ Stop Before You Pop - Times of India Timesofindia.indiatimes.com, 01 June 2019
- ^ Low dose methotrexate and NSAIDs Pharmaceutical-journal.com, 01 June 2019
- ^ Can We Take Aspirin with Other Medicines - NetDoctor Netdoctor.co.uk, 01 June 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI, surrogacy procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ovo Health being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.