Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Folvite 5 mg tablet is rich in folic acid that produces new red blood cells and prevents anemia. It is helpful in the treating Megaloblastic Anemias due to lack of folic acid. When taken before pregnancy, Folvite 5 may reduce the chances of having birth defects in the child. Some of the side effects of Folvite tablet includes some serious allergic reaction such as rash, itching/swelling, dizziness, and trouble in breathing at a normal pace.
Folvite tablet is a rich organic formulation of Folic acid that is also known as Vitamin B9 compounds. Folic acid is significant to frequent body functions that are preliminary from nucleotide biosynthesis to the remethylation of homocysteine. It is particularly essential during periods of swift division and growth of the cell. Folic acid is essential for proper body functioning in both children and adults. This is because it produces new red blood cells and prevents anemia. Folvite tablet (Folic acid) is important for pregnant women as it works with Vitamin B12 for the formation of healthy red blood cells. It also improves energy and prevents anemia. It is used to treat or prevent Folate deficiencies due to poor diet, and certain stomach problems as well. (1)
Folic acid is helpful in the treatment of Megaloblastic Anemias due to lack of folic acid in the body. This may be seen in tropical or non-tropical sprue, in anemias of nutritional origin, pregnancy, infancy, or childhood. Folvite tablet is an inexpensive drug and more popular than comparable drugs. Additionally, infants or breast-fed infants, or those receiving vulnerable formulas such as evaporated milk or goat milk may need more of folic acid. The increased need for folic acid should be determined efficiently by a medical expert. Based on some studies it was found that the folic acid is taken by women before they become pregnant or during early pregnancy as it may reduce the chances of having birth defects in the child.
In this article you will get to know about the following features of Folvite 5 mg tablet:
- Uses of Folvite 5 mg tablet
- Benefits of Folvite 5 mg tablet
- Side effects of Folvite 5 mg tablet
- Dosage of Folvite 5 mg tablet
- Interactions of Folvite 5 mg tablet
- Cost of Folvite 5 mg tablet
- Substitute for Folvite 5 mg tablet
- Warning and Precautions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Folvite 5 mg tablet
Folvite 5 mg tablet is the artificial form of folate. Folate is a Vitamin-B component that is naturally found in some foods. It is required for the efficient formation of healthy cells, especially red blood cells. Folic acid supplements may come in various forms such as L-methyl folate, levomefolate, and methyltetrahydrofolate to name a few. They are used to treat or prevent low folate levels with success. Low folate levels can lead to definite types of anemia. Multiple conditions that can cause low folate levels include a poor diet, pregnancy, alcoholism, liver disease, certain stomach or intestinal problems. Women of childbearing age should get adequate amounts of folic acid either through their diet or supplements to prevent infant spinal cord birth defects.
Folvite tablet is helpful against the following conditions:
- Anemia: Anemia is a condition in which a person has a shortage of enough healthy red blood cells to carry adequate oxygen to his/her body tissues. There are multiple forms of anemia and it can be temporary or for the long term. Anemia can be treated successfully with the help of Folvite 5 mg tablet. (2)
- Kidney Disease: The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs which also looks like a fist. The function of the kidney is to filter extra water and wastes out of a human body successfully and make urine. Kidney diseases mean that the kidneys are damaged and cannot filter blood efficiently. (3) Folvite tablet helps in treating various kidney diseases successfully.
- Alcoholism: It is the most acute form of alcohol abuse and involves insufficiency to control alcohol consumption addiction. Alcoholism is also most commonly known as alcohol use disorder. It can be controlled successfully with the help of Folvite 5 mg tablet. (4)
- Pregnancy Supplementation: If any woman is planning to get pregnant in the near times, then she needs to make sure that she consumes folic acid in her diet. A woman can consume Folvite tablet in her daily diet to obtain the benefits of vitamin supplementation. Folic acid is known to prevent any possible birth defects in a baby.
- Folate Deficiency: Folate deficiency is quite common in both men and women. The symptoms of Folate deficiency include constant weakness, increased unexplained tiredness, pallor, and visible mouth ulcers. Folvite 5mg tablet is used to treat these folate deficiency symptoms efficiently.
- Megaloblastic Anemia: In megaloblastic anemia, the blood cells fail to mature in the way as required. Folvite tablet is used to treat megaloblastic anemia successfully. Patients need to consult their medical experts before consuming folate tablets.
Folvite i.e. folic acid is a synthetic form of Vitamin B. It is used to treat or prevent low folate levels successfully, which can lead to certain types of anemia or birth defects in human being. Some of the conditions that can cause low folate levels in a human body include poor diet, pregnancy, alcoholism, liver disease, certain stomach problems, kidney dialysis, among others. There are multiple benefits of Folvite 5 mg tablet which are mentioned below:
- Folvite 5 mg tablet efficiently treats Iron deficiency Anemia and nutritional Anemia that usually occur during pregnancy and lactation.
- This medicine is very essential and extremely helpful during the periods of rapid cell division and growth.
- Folvite 5 mg tablet efficiently prevents Anemia and Vitamin B12 deficiency.
- The medicine helps in increasing the nutrient absorption
- Folvite 5 mg tablet successfully synthesizes red blood cells and platelets in the human body
- It relieves skin infections and certain stomach related problems easily. (5)
Folic acid generally has very few side effects. If any person has any unusual effects from taking Folvite 5 mg tablet, then a medical doctor must be consulted. A professional doctor suggests Folvite 5 mg tablet to a person when he or she evaluates that the benefits of this medicine are greater than its side effects. Some of the side effects of Folvite tablet includes some serious allergic reaction such as rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), dizziness, and trouble in breathing at a normal pace. If in case any person experiences a side effect, then he or she should immediately get medical help.
Some of the side effects of Folvite 5 mg tablet includes:
- Nausea: Nausea is stomach discomfort and the sensation of wanting to vomit. Some common causes of nausea are gastroenteritis and other gastrointestinal disorders, motion sickness, food poisoning, and dizziness. Folvite 5 mg tablet can be the reason for having Nausea.
- Bloating: Bloating is most common and usually occurs due to trapped gas in the stomach. One can experience bloating after having folic acid. Therefore, care must be taken while consuming Folvite tablets.
- Bitter or Unpleasant taste in mouth: Bitter taste in the mouth may be caused by GERD or acid reflux. A person can feel bitterness in his or her mouth after having Folvite 5 mg tablet.
- Sleeping problems: Frequently having difficulty in sleeping can be a frustrating and devastating experience. People can experience sleeping problems as a side effect of taking Folvite 5 mg tablet.
- Depression: Depression is a mental health disorder that is characterized by persistently depressed mood or loss of interest in activities. It can cause significant impairment in daily life.
- Feeling excited or Irritating: It can be one of the side effects of Folvite 5 mg tablet. (6)
Folvite 5mg Tablet comprises of vitamin B9 and is used to treat anemia effectively. This medicine is consumed orally and can be taken with or without food. The dosage of Folvite 5 mg tablet depends significantly on the medical history of a patient. However, the product package for this medicine includes a very detailed instruction manual for the usual of the product.
- Missed Dosage: In case, a patient has missed his or her dosage, then it should be taken as soon as possible. If it is the time for the next dosage then the missed dosage should be skipped and the normal dosage schedule should be resumed. A patient should not consume an extra dose of Folvite tablet under any circumstances.
- Overdose: If an overdose of Folic tablet is suspected then the patient should immediately contact his or her doctor as it can cause evident adverse effects or abnormalities in the body. Hence, it is advised to consume medicine efficiently. Every person should take medicine routinely as per the prescription provided by the doctor. (7)
Interactions of Folvite 5 mg tablet:
Here are the severe interactions of Folvite 5 mg tablet. Therefore, it is important to take advice from a renowned health physician before anyone consume a combination of Folvite 5 mg tablet with the following:
- Interaction with Disease: The medicine has been proved to be interactive with undiagnosed Anemia. If in case any person is suffering from Anemia then it can lead to various direct and indirect complications related to the disease.
- Interaction with Alcohol: Folvite 5 mg tablet may interact with alcohol as it can adjust the amalgamation of folic acid in the stomach. It may also decline the efficiency of folic acid that may be required to treat certain conditions diagnosed in the patients.
- Interaction with Medicine: Folvite 5 mg tablet interact with several other medicines such as Capecitabine and Fluorouracil. The interaction of Folvite tablet is moderate with Phenytoin and Phenobarbital. In cases of severe drug interactions, then the person must consult the doctor.
Folvite contains a most important ingredient which is known as Folic Acid. Folic acid is a part of Vitamin B which are found in various kinds of foods such as green leafy vegetables, dried beans and several kinds of fruits. It is also present in peas. After the intake of the medicine, the folic acid acts by helping the body produce new cells efficiently and also maintain them. Folvite Tablets are known to help neutralize the folic acid insufficiency condition. (8) It is due to the existence of folic acid in the tablets. The cost of Folvite 5 mg tablet in India is mentioned here:
Price in India
Folvite 5 MG tablet
INR 60 (strip of 45 tablets)
Folvite MB capsule
INR 141 (strip of 15 gelatin capsules)
Folvite 5 mg Tablet has plenty of excellent substitutes available in the market. A patient can take the below-mentioned medicines, which precisely possess the same strength and similar composition as Folvite 5 mg Tablet. It is also advisable to take the earnest consultation from the learned doctor for the effective usage of folic acid. Here is the list of medicines, which have the same composition and strength as that of Folvite tablet, and hence can be used as its alternatives.
- Folibest I 5 MG Tablet: Folibest I 5 MG Tablet is a naturally occurring form of Vitamin B essential for maintaining some very significant functions in the body. It is used as a remedy to treat certain forms of anemia caused due to deficiency of folic acid successfully.
- Folneu 5 MG Tablet: Folneu 5 mg tablet is a vitamin-based medication. It works by helping the body to produce the correct number of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets in the human body at the required rate. This is the reason that Folneu tablet can be used as a substitute of Folvite 5 mg tablet. (9)
- Nicofer F 5 MG Tablet: Folic acid is the primary component of Nicofer F 5 MG Tablet It is a naturally occurring form of vitamin B which is necessary for maintaining some vital functions in the human body. It is used as a medicine to treat certain forms of anemia caused due to lack of folic acid in the body.
- Pravy 5 MG Tablet: This medicine can also be used as a substitute of Folvite 5 mg tablet as it helps in increasing the number of red blood cells in the body. Pravy 5 mg tablet increases the strength and also helps in treating anemia, so that it does reoccur.
- Vitafol 5 MG Tablet: Vitafol 5 MG Tablet is used to treat anemia successfully. It also helps in increasing energy in a human body which helps in fighting or preventing various diseases. Therefore, it can be used as a substitute of Folvite 5 mg tablet.
Warning and Precautions for Folvite 5 mg Tablet usage:
Patients who are having any allergy or consumes excessive intake of alcohol should be prescribed by the doctor about the risks involved in consuming Folvite 5 mg tablet. There are certain side effects related tofolic acid such as itching, rash, and dizziness. Every patient should consult their physician if they have any medical history of certain allergies or are suffering from any other medical ailment or condition. (10) Below are explained some of the preventive measures to be taken while consuming Folvite 5 mg tablet:
- Before using Folvite, patients should enlighten their doctor about continuing medicines. He/she should also mention their over the counter available products, pre-existing diseases, allergies, and existing health conditions.
- Folvite 5 mg tablet should be taken as per the directions of the medical specialist or by following the directions printed on the packaging of the medicine efficiently.
- In case the condition of a person worsens then he/she should visit the doctor immediately.
- Treatment through folic acid is not the proper therapy for Anemia, especially during insufficiency of vitamin B12.
1) What happens if the patient misses a dose of Folvite 5 mg tablet?
In case a person misses a dose then it is recommended to take it as soon as possible. But, if it is almost time for the next dosage of Folvite 5 mg tablet then it is better to skip the missed one. One should not take a double dose of Folvite under no circumstances.
2) Is Folvite addictive in nature?
No. Folvite tablet is not addictive. This is because all addictive medicine are classified under schedule X or H in India. It is recommended to read the instructions mentioned on the package covering of the medicine for related information.
3) How does Folvite tablet help in pregnancy?
The tablet should be utilized in pregnancy as it protects the baby from having any birth defects. Folvite tablet is beneficial for pregnant ladies as it helps in forming red blood cells and prevents occurrence or severing of anemia. This is because it contains folic acid which helps in curing spinal cord birth defects successfully. Although, Folvite 5 mg tablet is safe to use during pregnancy as it is advised to consult a gynecologist before administering Folvite tablet.
4) Should I take Folvite before or after having a meal?
It is advisable to take this medicine after having a meal. The medicine will be more effective if taken after having a meal. It is also recommended to take this medicine after consulting the doctor.
5) Can breastfeeding females administer Folvite 5 mg tablet?
Yes, breastfeeding females can have Folvite tablet. It is recommended for breastfeeding women to take Folvite tablet as it is considered good for the development of the child. This tablet contains folic acid which helps in preventing birth disorders in a pregnant woman.
6) Is it secure to use Folvite tablet for the treatment of anemia?
Yes. Folvite is useful in treating megaloblastic anemia that is caused due to the deficiency of folic acid. Folic acid is an artificial form of vitamin B, it helps in forming red blood cells successfully.
7) Can I consume alcohol while administering Folvite 5 mg Tablet?
No. It is not advised to take alcohol when consuming Folvite tablet. This happens because alcohol tends to cause tiredness. It is suggested to consult a medical specialist before starting the course of the medication.
Folvite 5 mg tablets are useful Vitamin B9 supplements which help in the supply of the required amount of folic acid to the body. Many medical experts recommend intake of medical supplements as one of the important parts of our daily diet. This helps in maintaining the regular levels of vitamins and nutrients in the body efficiently. Folvite 5 mg tablet is recommended and proves to be beneficial for a pregnant woman as it helps in decreasing the chance of occurrence of birth defects in the baby. Folvite medicine improves strength and helps a human body to prevent anemia effectively. This medicine is also used to treat Folate deficiencies successfully in the respective patient. It is recommended by the best medical experts. It is a water-soluble, B - complex Vitamin which is also found in certain food items such as kidneys, yeast, liver, and leafy, green vegetables. It is used to treat megaloblastic anemia and anemia efficiently from the poor diet in pregnant women, babies, and children. The effect of this medicine is increasing and changes can be observed in the body after 2-3 weeks of administration. Folvite 5 mg medicine is essential for the production of certain essential components that are necessary for the maintenance of normal body functions. If one wants to know more about similar supplements and medication then he or she can visit www.ovohealth.com. Or else anyone wants to find tips to stay healthy, then he or she can read blogs in the ‘Medicine Info’ and ‘Wellness’ sections of OVO Fertility. For more in-detail information, one can contact the best medical experts at +918268260808.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ About Folvite Tablet Rxlist.com, 27 September 2019
- ^ Anemia | Mayo Clinic Mayoclinic.org, 27 September 2019
- ^ Kidney Disease | NIH Niddk.nih.gov, 27 September 2019
- ^ What is Alcoholism? Alcoholrehabguide.org, 27 September 2019
- ^ Benefits of Folvite 5 MG Tablet Medplusmart.com, 27 September 2019
- ^ Folic Acid | Drugs Drugs.com, 27 September 2019
- ^ Folvite 5 mg Table Overdose Rxlist.com, 27 September 2019
- ^ Folvite Tablet: Uses, Side Effects, Composition, Price and Dosages Docprime.com, 27 September 2019
- ^ Folneu 5 MG Tablet Gmedication.com, 27 September 2019
- ^ Warning and Precautions for Folvite 5 mg Tablet Usage Netmeds.com, 27 September 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ovo Health being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.