Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Montair LC Tablet is a combination medicine. It is used to treat and prevent allergic symptoms associated with seasonal allergies and rhinitis. The symptoms included are a runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, and itching. Montair LC is also used to treat asthma and allergic rhinitis occurring together.
Montair LC Tablet belongs to the group of drugs called antihistamine. This medicine helps in relieving from the symptoms like itchy or watery eyes, runny nose, hives, and sneezing that are usually related to all-year round as well as seasonal allergies. The medicine blocks histamine that the body generates during the time of an allergic reaction, relieving from the symptoms of the reaction. Montair LC Tablet needs to be taken orally. It is available in tablet form as well as solution form. (1) It can be used in the form of combination therapy that means one may be prescribed this drug along with other medications. This medicine can be taken with food or without it. Get complete information about Montair LC Tablet like its uses, dosage and side effects in this article.
In this article, we will look at:
- What is the composition of Montair LC Tablet?
- What are the uses of Montair LC Tablet?
- What is Montair LC Tablet prescribed dosage?
- What is the side effect related to Montair LC Tablet?
- What are the interactions related to Montair LC Tablet?
- What are the substitutes of Montair LC Tablet?
- What are the precautions associated with Montair LC Tablet?
Montair LC Tablet is composed of the following active salts:
One can find this medicine in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above. (2)
Montair LC Tablet is used for the treatment of Asthma, Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose, Symptoms of allergic conditions, Dust or pet allergies, Perennial allergic rhinitis, Seasonal allergic rhinitis, and other conditions.
The complete list Montair LC Tablet is used is as follows:
- Symptoms of allergic conditions
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose
- Dust or pet allergies
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Hay fever
- Perennial allergic rhinitis
- Exercise-induced asthma
- Chronic asthma
- Reddish itchy weals
- Year-round allergies
- Swelling in the skin
- Acute asthma
- Montair Lc Tablet can also be used for some other purposes which may not be listed here.
The dosage of Montair LC tablet depends on the age of the person, condition, medical history, and the reaction of the person's body after the administration of the first dose.
- The tablet can be consumed with or without food. One should not take more than the prescribed amount of medicine at a time. An overdose of the medicine can create problems and missing a dose can also be harmful.
- If a dose has been missed, then take it as soon as possible. However, if it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and take the next scheduled dose.
- If one has overdosed, then contact the doctor immediately. The symptoms of overdose are restlessness, dizziness, and confusion. If the condition is severe, then gastric leverage can be initiated to bring the situation under control. (3)
The most common side-effects of Montair LC Tablet are fatigue, cough, sleepiness, dizziness, diarrhea, and dry mouth.
Here is the list of possible side effects that may occur from the use of Montair LC Tablet. These side-effects are possible, but it is not necessary that they always occur. Most of the side effects are curable and are not that serious while some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. One should consult their doctor if they observe any of the following side-effects. (6) (7)
- Dry mouth
- Hypersensitivity reaction
- Bleeding from the nose
- Sore throat
- Inflammation of the ear
- Mood-related changes
- Joint pain
- Swelling of the deep layers of skin
- Feeling anxious
- Bleeding from the nose
- Trouble sleeping
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
- Abdominal pain
- Stuffy nose
- Sinus pain
- Pain in a group of muscles
- Muscle cramps
If one uses other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, then the effects of Montair LC Tablet can get changed. This can cause the drug not to work properly or increase the chances of side effects. One should tell their doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements they are using, so that doctor can help the patients prevent or manage drug interactions. Montair LC Tablet can interact with the following drugs and products: (8)
Some of the popular substitutes for Montair LC are (9):
- Asthma 5mg
- Alocet m tablet
- Airmont l tablet
- Airing tablet
- Romilast 5mg
- Maxopime 500 mg injection
- Elu lc tablet
- Breathezy l tablet
- Gelmont 5mg
- Vitaresp 5mg
- Fluencia l tablet
- Monticope tablet
- Rzine m tablet
Those individuals who have an allergy to any of the constituents should not take this medicine unless it is prescribed by a doctor. Also, those who have kidney disease that requires creatinine clearance should not take Montair LC. Children under the age of 12 with reported kidney abnormalities are advised not to use this medicine. (10)
Individuals with the following conditions should consult the doctor before taking Montair LC:
- Pregnant women
- A person with a history of liver problems or alcoholism
- If other prescribed medicines, dietary supplements, or herbal preparations are being taken
- If there is a history of mental health issues that include depression and suicide ideation
- A person with a history of lactose intolerance
- Children below the age of six years
Q. Can women take Montair LC Tablet in pregnancy?
A. There is no evidence about the harmful effect of Montair LC on the fetus. However, it is believed that it is not safe for pregnant women to take this tablet during pregnancy as it contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast which is not safe during pregnancy.
Q. Are there any breastfeeding warnings related to Montair LC Tablet?
A. Montair LC Tablet is not recommended for use in women who are breastfeeding. It is believed that it can cause side effects for the baby. One should consult the doctor before taking this medication.
Q. How long is the duration of effect of Montair LC Tablet?
A. The effect of Montair LC lasts for an average of 24 hours.
Hope this was a helpful article in getting all the complete information about Montair LC Tablet, its uses, dosage, and side effects. For more such articles on medicine info, wellness, love and relationship and infertility issues refer OVO Fertility blog. You can call on the given number for any query or suggestion: +918268260808.
SOURCES AND REFERENCES:
- ^ Whst is Montair LC Healthclues.net, 17 September 2019
- ^ Montair-LC Tablet: View Uses, Side Effects 1mg.com, 17 September 2019
- ^ Montair LC Kid Tablet (10 Tab): Price, Overview Sastasundar.com, 17 September 2019
- ^ Montelukast | Wikipedia En.wikipedia.org, 17 September 2019
- ^ Levocetirizine Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions En.wikipedia.org, 17 September 2019
- ^ Montair LC: Uses, Side Effects, Dosage | DrugsBank Drugsbanks.com, 17 September 2019
- ^ What are the Side Effects of Montair? - Doctor NDTV Doctor.ndtv.com, 17 September 2019
- ^ Montair-LC | Drugs Drugs.com, 17 September 2019
- ^ Substitutes for Montair LC Tablet Mtatva.com, 17 September 2019
- ^ Montair LC Kid Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects Drugtodayonline.com, 17 September 2019
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ovo Health being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.