Find here the list of best IVF doctors in India on the basis of Ratings, Success Rate, Services offered, IVF cost packages and available Facilities. Dr. Nisha Bhatnagar, Dr. Kaberi Banerjee and Dr. Anjali A Deval top the list of such IVF doctors in India due to their unique pricing system, popularity and high success rate.
Yasmin tablet is a contraceptive or birth control pill. Yasmin tablet uses are the pregnancy prevention, care of Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), and Menopausal problems care and treatment. Yasmin tablet side effects arise in the presence of Gastrointestinal, Cardiovascular, and Nervous system disorders.
Yasmin tablet is the most popular and widely used contraceptive pill around the world. There are many instances when women do not want pregnancy as per their current scenarios. There are plenty of reasons for the increased usage of contraceptive pills by a woman. The pills merely include a synthetic form of female hormones Drospirenone and Ethinylestradiol. Drospirenone (progestin) represents an artificial form of progesterone hormone. Drospirenone is available with estrogen medicine only, not separately. (1) It is prominently substantial for a woman preventing pregnancy, to take the pill regularly for best results. Otherwise, the effectiveness of the pill may reduce progressively. The medicine promptly suppresses the ovulation process by inhibition of the eggs to mature in the current month. Furthermore, Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol combination restrict the sperm to enter the fallopian tube for fertilization to take place. Yasmin tablet works best in two ways, suppressing the egg maturation process and by thickening the mucus and endometrium lining of the vagina. Until there is no medicine in the market, which can demonstrate 100 percent results. Only two available options like sterilization or shunning sex can assure accurate results. Discussing the possible options with an experienced doctor may effectively help in recognizing your body's reproductive system inevitably. However, the failure of contraceptive pills or unintended pregnancy can be bypassed by abortion as well. (2) Around the world, about half of pregnancies are unwanted. The decision to choose between options of pregnancy or abortion depends upon the mother and her partner.
Here in this article, we will look at the following aspects of Yasmin tablets:
- What is Yasmin Tablet?
- How can one consume Yasmin tablets?
- What does a woman need to do if she skips a dose of Yasmin Tablets?
- What are Yasmin tablet uses?
- What are Yasmin tablet side effects?
- What are the warnings before you consume Yasmin Tablets?
- What are the Interactions of the Yasmine tablet?
Yasmin Tablet is an entrusted contraceptive pill, taken throughout the month to prevent unplanned pregnancy. Yasmine as preventive medicine is for woman usage only. It is a prescribed medicine and can be imbibed by adolescent girls to relieve heavy menstrual bleeding and Acneiform eruptions. This effective medicine further benefits in regular and lighter periods. Yasmin tablet incorporates two effective components that belong to the synthetic group of female hormones, progesterone, and estrogen. It employs itself in the body to constantly maintain the optimal levels of progesterone and estrogen. In the absence of Yasmine medicine, the elevated levels of progesterone and estrogen naturally induce ovaries to start ovulation procedure. If the body deals with the persistent level of both key hormones, then it's likely to suppress the natural ovulation for some time and starts all over again once the medicine course is over. During the consumption of Yasmin, the mucus of the woman's reproductive system thickens in the vagina, efficiently making it difficult for the viable sperm to traverse the passage of fallopian tubes. Yasmine medicine does not have severe side effects in general and can be taken safely. (3)
You need to make sure that you inform your doctor if you are planning to consume Yasmine contraceptive pills with the purpose related with the same. A health care expert can inevitably explain the appropriate procedure of consuming Yasmine tablets as per the distinct conditions. Generally, the leaflet has all the sufficient consumption information, which states the number of days it must be consumed and the procedure for the same. You should intake one tablet every day almost at the same time for the best possible results. Frequency of having sex is not important while pursuing Yasmine tablet. However, the package includes both active and inactive tablets, so that the continuous process of medicine intake does not get interrupted. The medicine is available in the form of 21 tablets packs that should be taken for 21 following days. Followed by this, a seven-day break should be given to ensure that the patients seek best results. You can take the tablet any time before or after your daily meal. It is better to start the medicine on the first day of your periods. It is extremely substantial to incorporate additional contraceptive methods like a condom for the first seven days of menses. A doctor can only prescribe when to start a Yasmine tablet after the delivery of the baby and after undergoing a miscarriage or abortion. When you are switching between different packs, then you can start taking the new pill pack of Yasmine for the subsequent day of the last day of an active pill. (4)
Some woman experiences little sickness or light bleeding. In such cases, you should never stop the consumption of the medicine. Usually, the problems go away in some time. Instead, in case of prolonged illness, you should visit a health care expert immediately.
Missed dosage: If you miss your dosage, then you can take two tablets the next day. Besides, you can start following the normal routine from next day. In case you are constantly irregular with the consumption of the tablets, then you should restart taking the medicine after buying a new pack of this medicine. Yasmine tablets routine must be followed religiously. A gap between the doses may not give desired effects to the patient's health.
Overdose: So far, there have been no severe side effects of consuming Yasmine tablets. A mild effect like minor bleeding and nausea may affect you in the form of side effects. However, in some sensitive cases when the medicine does not suit the patient, problems like nausea, vomiting, and vaginal bleeding can occur prominently. In such cases, a patient should prominently rush to the hospital and seek help from a renewed health care supervisor.
Yasmine tablets provide a plethora of essential health benefits to a woman. It delivers you a unique opportunity to have stressed free sexual intercourse, without any pressure of abortion or unwanted pregnancy in case you are engaging in unprotected sex. Many women around the world are focused on securing their successful careers and properly balancing their work and personal life at the same time. An unplanned pregnancy can hamper their lives by becoming a burden if the expectant mother is not willing to handle kids. In such cases, a woman either selects an option for abortion or to officially handover her child under the concept of adoption. Having a baby brings a lot of responsibilities, along with maturity in life. Couples must be ready for such responsibilities. Therefore, it is significant for every woman to establish their work-life balance first and then take out some time to enjoy motherhood. To avoid the hassle of abortion and adoption, a midway has been sufficiently established many years ago as contraceptive pills. Yasmin tablet work as the best contraceptive pill in the market provides the following uses:
- Pregnancy: It is easily identified from its name and the group it belongs, that Yasmine is an effective contraceptive or pregnancy prevention medicine. This tablet is widely utilized around the world by women to avoid conception without any severe health problems. Besides, it positively enhances the overall reproductive health of a woman. The preventive medicine behaves predictably as a natural hormone in the body, without providing any severe side effect on the health of the patient.
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD): The menstrual cycle brings along many uncertain changes in the body. Such changes are irritability, anxiety, depression, bloating, fatigue, and breast tenderness. Yasmine tablets taken while on periods can extremely help in curing these undesirable changes in the body. The unique components present in Yasmine medicine called Progestogen and Drospirenone (DRSP). These are extensively effective in healing such nominal side effects. (5)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): It refers to a common metabolic disorder in women, which is caused by ovulatory dysfunction. It further presents as amenorrhea or oligomenorrhea as well. So far, Combined Oral Contraceptive (COC) therapy has been found to be excessively beneficial for the treatment of PCOS conditions in the concerned patients. The problems of excessive hair on a woman's body, unpredictable periods, and weight gain are treated best through the Yasmine tablet. Adolescent girls suffering from PCOD often get effective treatment with Yasmine tablets in a unique combination with other therapeutic medicines. (6)
- Menopause: Menopause is a phase when a woman is entering a stage her periods will over for the rest of her life. In menopause, the levels of estrogen and progesterone start declining if a woman uses Yasmine medicine during the perimenopause stage. These two hormones are responsible for menstruation. Her prevailing symptoms of menopause become unrecognizable for the body. The medicine maintains adequate levels of both hormones, leading to the successful suppression of early symptoms like sleep problems, irregular periods, and hot flashes. (7)
- Endometriosis: Women diagnosed with a medical problem of endometriosis may involve contraceptive pills in her prescription. The best contraceptive pills like Yasmine involve estrogen most of the time healthy for bones and tissues. When a body lacks such hormones naturally, then the effective treatment is supported by contraceptive pills for the best results. (8)
If you have been in a situation of pre-existing problems like liver disorder, heart attack, or suffered a stroke before, then it becomes necessary for you to visit a doctor before consuming Yasmine tablets. Any medicine, which does not suit you may create several unwanted problems in your body or worsen the existing health problems. You should extremely observe body changes as adverse or favorable. These changes help the doctor in the evaluation of your health and deciding the adequate medicines framework. Below we have mentioned some side-effects, which can help you in identifying your problem and requirement to visit a doctor: (9)
- Gastrointestinal problems: About 10 percent of women who have been treated with Yasmine have suffered gastrointestinal problems as a side effect. Most of these prominent side effects are seen in the first cycle of therapy, which eventually has gone away with regular consumption of the medicine. In rare cases, a contraceptive pill has been related to gallbladder diseases. Some of the patients often have complaints about severe abdominal pain or gastroenteritis after the subsequent consumption of Yasmine tablets. Therefore, if you are experiencing severe conditions of gastrointestinal disease, then you should seek assistance from an expert doctor immediately to prevent adverse effects.
- Cardiovascular problems: Cardiovascular pain is extremely rare after the consumption of Yasmine tablets. Patients who are suffering from Hypertension, hypotension, varicose vein and thrombosis have experienced worsening of their conditions because of the continual consumption of Yasmine tablets. If you are experiencing prevalent symptoms of severe chest pain, irresistible pressure, nausea, sweating or continual pain intensifying to your jaw or shoulder, then an immediate visit to an experienced doctor becomes crucial for the respective patient. You should never delay in such cases or can take precautions by informing the doctor about your medical history. A doctor can provide supplementary medicines or better replacement as per your health.
- Nervous system problems: This represents a common side effect of Yasmine medicine. About 20 percent of women have experienced a headache after the oral intake of Yasmine contraceptive tablets. Some patients have also observed minor dizziness in their overall health. However, these potential side effects are temporary and will eradicate with continual usage of preventive medicine.
- Dermatologic problems: There are numerous common side-effects of Yasmine tablets in patients receptive to skin allergies. Additionally, they can experience a considerable elevation in adverse skin conditions like eczema, alopecia, and skin rashes. However, Yasmine rarely causes any adverse skin conditions, like Chloasma, Dermatitis acneiform, and Erythema nodosum. In case any severe reaction is observed during the tenure, then you should immediately visit the nearest doctor or take anti-allergic medicine to avoid deterioration of the patient's condition.
- Blood clots: If you suffer from problems of serious blood clotting, then you should prevent the consumption of Yasmin tablet. You can also seek advice from an expert doctor if the tablet can increase blood clotting as per your physical health condition. Generally, there is a normal likelihood of trivial blood clotting. However, the potential menace of blood clotting in a pregnant woman is more than a normal patient. (10)
What are the warnings before you consume Yasmin Tablets?
Here are some general and specific warnings, which are considered before the consumption of the Yasmine tablet: (11)
- If you are pregnant, then you should strictly stop the consumption of Yasmin tablet or any other contraceptive pill. A contraceptive pill can promptly develop the peril of miscarriage.
- Yasmine tablets can considerably give rise to elevated blood pressure. Thus, if you are already undergoing a blood pressure problem, then you should forbid the utilization of Yasmine tablets.
- If you are one of the surviving heart patients, then a prohibition of contraceptive pills is beneficial because it gives rise in heartburn or induces a cardiovascular disorder. As a result, continual consumption of contraceptive pills like Yasmin tablet may increase the possible possibilities of death.
- Functioning efficiently as a blood thickening (anticoagulant) medicine, Yasmine tablet is not suggested for consumption if you have a problem in your health such as blood clotting disorders.
- Yasmin tablet consumption can noticeably demonstrate disturbed insulin levels in diabetic patients. For that reason, if you are a diabetic patient, then you should strictly avoid the use of the Yasmin tablet.
- Yasmin tablet travels down the liver first and then to other parts of the body showing remarkable results. If you have a major liver disorder, then it is appropriate to seek advice from a knowledgeable doctor. Otherwise, the liver tissues can suffer severe damage.
- Yasmin tablets can negatively affect cancer cell's growth and even have the potential to cause the death of the sick person.
- If you bear with a condition of migration, then the odds of having dreadful dizziness and queasiness may develop. Therefore, assistance from a health practitioner is crucial in such a condition.
- If you are under the process of lactation or breastfeeding, then consuming Yasmin can affect your child in unnecessary ways.
- Smoking is adversely related to the Yasmin tablet, simultaneous usage of both may not give the best results. Therefore, dropping smoking habits can be favorable for satisfactory outcomes.
Here are the severe interactions of Yasmin tablets. Therefore, it is crucial to take advice from a renowned health physician before you consume a combination of Yasmin with the following tablets:
- Weak Cyp3a4 Inhibitors/Lomitapide (40mg)
- Ethinyl Estradiol/Ombitasvir-Paritaprevir-Ritonavir-Dasabuv
- Estrogenic Agents/Tranexamic Acid (Oral dosage)
- Estrogens/Selected Anti-Aromatase Agents
- Contraceptives/Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate
Yasmine is an extremely effective medicine for contraception among couples. So far, many women have received numerous benefits out of the Yasmin tablet without facing any notable adverse effects on the overall health. Usually, the contraceptive pills are the best and safe to use as a less invasive method of preventing pregnancy than other procedure like abortion. Yasmin tablet is also used in many Artificial Reproductive Technology (ART) treatments to suppress ovulation spontaneously. The medicine is made up of common hormones, which highly supports the reproductive system of a woman. These hormones are increasingly responsible for reproduction procedure and timely fetus development. Your mood swings, cravings, and stress are primarily dependent on the functioning of the hormones. An adolescent woman when first experience periods may encounter several complications like acne, fatigue, and elevated bleeding. Therefore, the usage of Yasmine tablets in such circumstances proves to be extremely helpful in regulating their menses problem and soothing its side-effects. You can contact us on +918268260808 to book an appointment with your nearest gynecologist or obstetrician. You can also visit our website ovohealth.com to read additional blogs on other useful medicines.
Was this page helpful?
Leave a Comment
Thanks for your Comment.
It will go live post Approval.
The information displayed on this webpage covers general information on several medical conditions, fertility treatments, IVF ICSI procedure, home remedies, and their respective treatments. The exclusive purpose of the displayed information is for the sake of general understanding and it has been collected from open sources which heavily rely on research and laboratory tests. However, the information shared here should not be considered as a medical advice or an alternative to consultation with a registered medical practitioner or licensed healthcare professional.
It is not advised to self-diagnose or treat any medical condition or disease following the information given in this article. We insist you to consult a registered practitioner and never try to replace their advice or discontinue treatment in between by relying solely on the information obtained. External links to different websites as well as videos given on the website serve the purpose of sharing knowledge only. Ovo Health being an Independent Medical Information platform is neither responsible nor guarantees the authenticity, reliability, and accuracy of these videos and websites in any way. We do not intend the information displayed here to be used for a medical emergency, if you seek medical attention for yourself (or any other person with whom you want to share the information with), we advise you to directly get in touch with the hospital or the doctor.